Chapter 12: Loki | Bucky

TW: Gender dysphoria

Loki

Loki woke up in a strange bed in an unfamiliar room and it took him several minutes to remember where he was.

The bed was absurdly large. The night before he had curled up on one side so he could play on his phone while it charged, before falling asleep and it made the size of the bed seem almost comical.

He got up and slowly stretched out his lean muscles before heading into the bathroom for a shower. He glanced in the mirror and quickly glanced away. He was feeling a little uncertain this morning and he wasn't ready for the daily "what gender am I today" mental gymnastics routine.

He showered, slowly allowing the warm water to beat all of the knots out of his shoulders and back, and he massaged sweet smelling shampoo into his hair. He didn't realize until it was already too late that it was Bucky's shampoo. He had smelled it on him the day before when they'd been playing dress up. It felt strangely intimate, but also a little comforting, so Loki just finished with his shower.

He got out and toweled off, finally staring into the mirror at himself. His cheeks were flushed from the shower, and his hair was already not cooperating. He growled and threw it up into a bun, not even bothering to dry it. He let his eyes trail down his lean body and he decided he was feeling pretty masculine today.

He exited the bathroom and glanced through his side of the closet and pulled the fishnet shirt back out. He layered a flannel over top, and instead of buttoning the bottom two buttons he tied it in a knot, revealing a strip of skin and fishnet. He put on a pair of low riding gray jeans, with rips across the upper thighs, and returned to the bathroom to inspect himself in the mirror again.

On a whim, he reached into his toiletry bag and grabbed some lip gloss and mascara. He applied just a bit of both, put in two gold stud earrings, and a sort gold chain necklace. He unbuttoned the flannel another button to show the necklace and a little more fishnet and he decided this was as good as it was going to get today.

He tentatively walked out into the main living area and found Charlie and Steve eating breakfast. They were both wearing quarter zip running jackets and workout pants.

"Good morning Loki, would you like some breakfast? We were going to go running, but decided it was too cold, so we're going to lift some weights in a little bit. Feel free to join us for that as well if you're interested."

Loki was feeling a little sharp tongued this morning so he responded with a retort. "While I appreciate your offer, I seem to have achieved a state of stasis during the pandemic where I can eat next to nothing and move next to not at all and continue to survive."

To make it clear he was joking, he smiled cheekily at them as he walked into the kitchen to grab a bowl. He heard twin snorts from the table so at least his sass was mildly appreciated. He returned to the table and served himself some of the cereal and milk that was out, and then asked after coffee.

"Ah a person after my own heart," Steve said, standing up with his own mug to walk into the kitchen for a refill and to get Loki a mug. When he returned, Loki looked down into his mug before speaking.

"Did...you all sleep okay?"

Charlie gave him a perplexed look for a moment and then understanding dawned on his face, quickly turning into a subtle smirk.

"Well...we haven't seen each other in almost a week...so once we all did fall asleep, it was really nice to have everyone together again. How about yourself, did you sleep alright?"

"I did, but truly...it's silly to have one person in a king. I really only used a quarter of the space. I'm happy to move to the couch if you want your room back," Loki said looking at Steve.