chapter ten - Power Outage

You were in Orange's room, petting and scratching the reptile as it sat on your lap when suddenly the lights went out.

The only way you realised it was when the lights hovering over you suddenly goes black and the only light source being the oil lamp near Orange hideout.

"Huh, powers out." You said calmly as you stand up and grab the lamp. "You don't mind if I take this, right Orange?" You said while staring at Orange, Orange just gave a small 'mew' and ran back to his hideout. "I'm sure he won't mind." You thought while exiting Orange's room.

You start searching the building, trying to find your way to Red's room. You bump into Blue and Green a few times and make sure to avoid the vents but somehow you still manage to not find your way to Red's room.

You started to worry about the oil in the lamp running out, but then shrugged it off and kept walking.

After awhile you managed to find Red's room! You enter happily to be see that Red wasn't in his rooms and that it was pitch black while a cold breeze makes you shiver a little.

you set down the oil lamp and snuggle into the blanket, trying to keep warm.

After a while, you doze off but woke up to the movement of the door opening, making you spring up in surprise. You steady closer to see who it was and saw it was Red.

You sprung up from the blankets and tackled Red to the ground. "Y/N what are you doing!" Red yelled as he sat up to see you on hid lap "You were gone for so long! Where were you?" You demanded to know "I was checking the powerbox to see if I could get it working again, but it didn't work." Red said nervously "I estimate that the power will come back within' a few days." He said frustrated as you got off him and he stood up "But the buildings getting colder, what are we gonna do?" You said sadly "We'll have to keep warm by blankets. Sadly sense the monitors are off-line, I can't work-" He was cut off by you pulling him into the blankets and you laying on top of him "I don't care about your work! I'm cold and we have to keep warm!" You say as you cuddle Red as he gave a big sigh before relaxing.

You and Red were mostly relying on the oil lamp for light but you both didn't mind the darkness. Both you and Red would doze off but Red would get up and just write in his notebook, which annoyed you.

On the third day, Red was up on his chair reading and you were freezing. You knew Red would get mad if you pulled him into the sheets so you improvised.

You got up, and walked over to Red before sitting on hid lap. "Y-Y/N, what are you doing!" Red yelled as you made yourself comfortable "Well since you won't get in the blankets with me, I'll go over to you!" You said as you got more comfortable.

Red then picked you up bridal style before walking over to the bed and threw you on. He jumped on the bed aswell and just towered over you while staring at you frustrated. "Listen Y/N, I know you want attention and warmth, but I need to get work done!" he said "But-" You tried to speak "'But'!" he replied "I have to get work done, and you know that!" he said angrily as he just grabbed you and snuggled you.

You were happy in the end, but felt sad for making Red snap at you.

After a few hours, the lights came on! Red sat up and went to his monitors, you didn't stop him though and you could feel that he was happy that you didn't try to stop him again.

"Thanks for understanding." He said before you doze off once again.

End of Chapter