[Three]

○●○●○●○

Recap:

"What you saw yesterday and today. If something goes wrong, the world may collapse." He said.

"Worrying won't change anything. Perhaps it may not collapse." Sae-bom said.

"That kind of thinking might as well be called hope." Hyun-jae shrugged and the two turned to leave.

"One more thing before you go Mrs. Park Hyun-jae." He said and she came back hesitantly as she convinced Sae-bom to let her stay with this man.

"What is it?" She questioned suspiciously.

○●○●○●○

"Yoon Sae-bom? Hey. Are you okay where's Hyun-jae?" He asked as he grabbed her shoulders and she made a growling noise while pretending to go for his neck and Ji-soo grabbed her baton at the ready.

"First Lieutenant, can't you trust me? I'm hurt." Sae-bom whined. "They said we're both fine but Hyun-jae was asked to stay for a bit but she should be--"

"Hyun-jae!" He exclaimed as he rushed to said woman who was walking towards them.

"Yi-hyun..." She muttered as a wave of relief washed over her and she rushed towards him and was engulfed in his warm embrace which eased her heart.

"It's okay...everything is gonna be okay. It's all my fault, I'm sorry." He said, kissing her forehead soothing her and she shook her head disagreeing with his words.

"No it's not, I'm just glad your here." She muttered in his chest as they stayed like that for a while.

"Makes you jealous huh?" Sae-bom nudged Ji-soo as they watched the loving scene in front of them.

"How did you get here?" She mumbled as she looked up to him.

"Isn't it obvious. I came to rescue you." He smirked.

"Yi-hyun...I'm hungry." She mumbled.

"Okay. I just need to talk to someone so wait here." He said and left her in Sae-bom's care.

"That punk." Sae-bom muttered and brought Hyun-jae to sit down.

"Where are our clothes?" Hyun-jae asked.

"They burned them." Sae-bom replied.

"What, seriously?!" Hyun-jae groaned.

"So what did he want from you?" Sae-bom asked.

"He...asked for my help. They think I'll be able to contribute to researching more about the infected and possibly finding a cure." She shrugged.

"What did you say?" Sae-bom asked.

"I told him that I'd like a room for myself if I'm to help and that I'd monitor some patients at my own time and pace. Covid was a nightmare, I can't deal with so much all at once again I don't think I'd have it in me." Hyun-jae sighed.

"It was that hard huh?" Sae-bom asked.

"It was...seeing all those people die like that, what's worse telling the families that their son's daughter's, mother's and father's are dead." She sighed and Sae-bom wrapped her arm around her friend and gave her a hug.