[Eight]

Recap:

"Are you two alright? Now you see why a lockdown is necessary?"

The entire room then burst into screams as they saw the security guard who had locked them up this morning growling and hissing with tiny pupils.

"The other buildings are all done for."

"We know." Sae-bom said as the approached the door with the Mad Human staring at them as it cackled.

○●○●○●

"Honestly that bastard really gets on my nerves! How can one human being so rigid?!" Sae-bom huffed as she paced around in Hyun-jae's living room.

"You know complaining about it won't solve anything right?" Hyun-jae said as she sat in the kitchen drinking some herbal tea to calm her nerves.

"Anything yet?" Sae-bom asked.

"Sae-bom, this takes time for goodness sake!" Hyun-jae huffed.

"I know I know! But I can't help but worry what are you gonna do if you're actually pregnant and not just getting fat because of poor diet choices." Sae-bom said and Hyun-jae  scoffed into a chuckle.

"The first thing I wanna do...is tell...is tell him." She said.

"It must be scary, huh?" Sae-bom said.

"Scared doesn't even begin to cover what I'm feeling. I have another human being growing inside of me, it's not just any human, they're the ones Yi-hyun and I created, we've mentioned having children together but now that it's happening and with chaos of a disease happening all around us...I just don't know what to do?" Hyun-jae spoke and as she did she couldn't but feel like crying. "Hormones are shit, why am I always crying?!" She cried.

"Sorry." Sae-bom said not knowing what else to say to comfort her friend. The timer on Hyun-jae's phone went off and he breath hitched.

"What?"

"It's time, my results should be in by now."

"Okay, well what does it say?"

"I don't know I'm too scared to look, you do it."

The pregnancy test was shoved into Sae-bom's hands and the silence was killing Hyun-jae.

"Well, what does it say?!"

"Your...pregnant."

It was silent for a moment neither of them dared to utter another word, Hyun-jae's hand went over her stomach, cupping what little mass had grown.

"So, I'm...really, Oh my God." She muttered as the word really settled into her body. She conducted a handful of tests and they all came out positive.

"Wow."

"I....think we should get going with the--with the sheets." Hyun-jae mumbled as she picked up the pile beside her.

"Wait for me, Hyun-jae!" Sae-bom jumped up and grabbed some blankets and followed after her.

They made down to the garage floor only to find a commotion.

"Where are you going?" Hyun-jae asked as they came across a man trying to escape.

"They want to open the door. You saw that monster earlier."

"The you stop them, not run away." She huffed  and Sae-bom grumbled and she gave Hyun-jae the blankets.

"Sae-bom you're just in time tell them what's out there." Yi-hyun huffed as Dae-seong held the people back.

"If you want to go out, then go." She said as she opened the door and stepped aside. Only then did they become quiet.