Take It Out on My Chest

Simon and Baz in the late days of Watford, followed by them in the early days of their new start.

As soon as I heard "Tissues" by Yungblud, first, I fell in love with it, and second, I opened a google doc. This is what came out of it, and I think I like how it ended up! I hope you all enjoy, too <3

I tried to describe each time period well enough without having to state stuff explicitly, but just for reference, the sections go like this: 1. After Baz's kidnapping but before the truce, 2. During the truce but before Christmas, 3. Right after "you're wearing jeans", and the rest are all post AWTWB (the summer, then August, then September, I believe).

Read as you see fit here- warnings for language and general references to depression, anxiety, and PTSD/emotional h/c scenes involving those sorts of things. Everything's canon level or lower, but please take care of yourself! :)

Oh, and I highly recommend listening to "Tissues" while reading this, or just listening to it in general, haha. It's awesome.

I feel left out like a child // every time that you're close

I don't know why I can't stop watching Baz.

It's so frustrating. I already had enough of a problem staying focused in Magic Words class, and now all I can do is stare at his back and try to listen to what he's saying to his group. Even from here, he looks like he's up to sketchy stuff.

(He's probably not. I know Baz values his schoolwork, posh twat, and he wouldn't risk anything nefarious in a room full of people. But that's logic talking. I'm more prone to just working myself up.)

Currently, Baz is propped up against his desk, next to Marie Clark and his friend (minion) Niall. Even his posture looks calculated as he rests his hip against the table, crosses his arms, and keeps his legs straight and at an angle. The perfect picture of cool and collected.

I wish I had been partnered with him- not because I like spending time with him or anything. I just want to muss him up a bit. Get a rise out of him. Or at least monitor him for evil villain behaviour.

(Penny argues that my stalking phase has returned in full force ever since Baz returned- and from Merlin knows where, might I add- but it's not nearly as bad as it was in Fifth Year. I think.)

He looks so regal like this. It only took him forty-eight hours to get his game under control, after the state it was in when he first came back to Watford. The bags under his eyes and the limp in his gait only lasted long enough for me to notice, and then he was back to slicked-back hair and perfect marks in lessons.

He's so... perfect. In the worst ways. I mean, 'cause everyone should have flaws, right? Baz can do anything. He's untouchable.

I wouldn't be surprised if he'd thralled me. That's another thing he's good at- drawing you in, but holding you at arm's length.

Well, I won't let him. I've been able to get into his space, into his face, and past his barriers since we were eleven. Harassing Baz is practically my only talent, besides swinging a sword and going off.

"Simon?" Penny knocks my shoulder with hers. We're sitting with a boy named Dennis. I haven't even opened my textbook yet.

"Right, uh, sorry," I mumble, turning away from my view of Baz. Just as I'm about to get onto working with my group, he turns around and catches my eye with a wink. A fucking wink. He really does think he's untouchable.