Wish I Were...

"I still remember the third of December, me in your sweater, you said it looked better on me than it did you- only if you knew how much I liked you"

Third of December, my fifth year. Of course I remember. I was in our room, casually pretending to ignore Snow. I laid on my bed, flipping a football around in my hands and occasionally sneaking looks at Snow. Just your typical treacherous day sharing a room with the Chosen One.

Across from me, Simon rummaged through his closet; assumingly in search of something warm to wear. The boy was tragically uncoordinated when it came to wearing something other than trousers and a baseball tee in the middle of winter. It was kind of adorable. 

He yanked out a small blue pullover and frowned at it.

"I don't fit in this anymore. Do you want it?"

My fingers trembled with shock and the soccer ball landed on my chest. I sat up and tried to catch my jaw as it hung open. I watched his face go from bored to increasingly concerned at my stretch of silence. In my head, I was thinking, this is so kind of him. Why would he do this for me? Is this supposed to be a symbol of truce?

So I smirked, and drawled sarcastically, "Snow, how kind of you. Why would you do this for me? Is this supposed to be some symbol of truce or something?"

It worked. He shook his head and just tossed the sweater in my general direction. Now that his back was turned to the closet again, I scooped the thing up delicately and put it on. To be honest, the sweater enveloped my torso perfectly. I inhaled quietly. One would think after five years of rooming with Snow I'd have gotten used to his fragrance. I fingered the edge of the sleeves and let myself get lost in my daydreams for a brief moment. Long story short, I never wanted to take this sweater off. But Simon turned around, sized me up, and said,

"Huh. It looks better on you." I blushed and then mentally cursed myself. "Well, if you don't want it, Baz, I'm just gonna give it to Agatha."

Argh. I should've known. I nodded, slipped the sweater off, and hand it to Simon. He forced a smile and scurried off for his date. I watched the door shut. For the next twenty minutes, I moped around the room alone and tried to tell myself the lovelyness/awkwardness I had just experienced could've been progress. 

"but I watch your eyes as she walks by- what a sight for sore eyes, brighter than the blue sky, she's got you mesmerized while I die"

The next morning, in the hall after first period, I saw Snow walking with Wellbelove. She was wearing the freaking sweater and smiling at whatever Snow was saying. Her hair blew back when she walked because she was a fast walker, but it resembled some princess-y thing you'd see in a movie. Snow looked like he was in an absolute trance, running into random things in the hall and then scurrying to keep up. Like her company was more valuable than gold. My stomach wrenched painfully and I made my escape into the closest room before Snow saw me.

"why would you ever kiss me? I'm not even half as pretty" 

Lunch with Dev and Niall was even worse. I never actually eat with them, just finish assignments as they ramble on about this and that. That day, Dev was telling Niall all about whatever drama from the earlier morning. These two people dating. These two people fighting. These two people passing notes. They're huge gossips.

Four or five tables in front of me, the magic trio sat enjoying their meal and chatting. When the bell rang for the end of the hour, Snow and Wellbelove rose and leaned in for a kiss. We're all fifteen years old, so it's not like the world was revolving around it or anything, but I still groaned softly and looked down. I knew I 100% imagined any reluctance or discontent from Simon just then. It was so lame; I'd have given anything to be over at that table with Snow. The happy couple walked away arm in arm, Bunce trailing along somewhere.