Chapter three➖

Niki continued to gently pat my back as I couldn't stop coughing.

"You said Jeon Seo Yeon?" I asked, still not sure if I did indeed hear him say that name.

Her name.

"Yes, I said that. After you left the class I had to find a seat, and there was an empty seat next to her so I sat there. To be honest I didn't have a choice because her seat was the only one available." He shrugged, continuing to eat his food.

"Wait so...are you guys...friends now? Do you like her??" I curiously asked.

Niki chuckled. "Well I guess you could say that. Today she was really helpful in class. She explained the work to me in Japanese when I didn't understand it." He smiled.

I felt my heart ache, as if someone had just wedged their knife into it. I don't know why I felt like this, why I felt like this for him. It was kinda new to me, even though I've had relationships(one) in the past. Perhaps Hyewon was right. Maybe I was starting to like Niki without even knowing it.

I heard a fork being thrown onto a plate, frightening me.

"Yahh, Nishimura Riki! Seo Yeon is bad news okay! She's-"

"Hyewon stop." I whispered.

"No! He needs to hear this before Seo Yeon pulls another Seo Yeon and hurts him. Nishimura, stay away from her. Trust me, you do not wanna associate yourself with her." She warned him.

Niki raised his eyebrows. "Why? She seems really nice. Plus she's fluent in Japanese so it's good for me to be her friend."

"Nishimura, remember when we told you about how we used to have a large friend group?" Zoa asked.

"Yes." He slowly nodded.

"And you remember how we said things went south and everyone went their separate ways?" She asked.

"Yes." He nodded.

"All of that happened because of Seo Yeon. She did something bad and ended up chasing our friends away. She hurt Yong and I and we will never forgive her for that. So again, stay. Away. From. Her. I'm warning you." And with that, Hyewon stood up, aggressively pushed her chair back in and walked away. Just like that.

"Zoa! Zoa!" I called, but she continued to walk until she was out of the cafeteria.

"Yong I'm sorry I didnt-"

I sighed. "Niki why'd you have to bring her up?"

"W-well you asked me..and I just...answered your question. I'm sorry I didn't mean to hurt Hyewon and you. If you don't wanna talk about it then I won't bring it up again. I promise." He slightly smiled, letting out his pinky.

I chuckled, letting out my pinky and intertwining it with his. "Thank you."

"I wanna make it up to you guys." Niki stated. He turned his whole body to face me. "Let's go out today. Like, hang around the city and stuff. You could give me a tour too." He brightly smiled.

"Sounds good. But do you think Hyewon would wanna come with?" I asked, finishing the last bits of my food.

"We could ask her, I'm sure she'll say yes. Plus, I'll be paying for your food." He shrugged, pushing out his bottom lip while his eyes sparkled under the cafeteria lights.

"Alright yeah. She'll probably say yes." I said.

"No." Hyewon immediately answered.

"BRUH! Come on it'll be fun! Plus, Niki feels really bad for what happened at break." I said, wrapping my arm around Hyewon's.

"For the tenth time, NO! I don't wanna hang out today." She said, trying to push me away. But it didn't work, because I stuck to her, like glue.