Chapter fifteen➖

Three days later...

✩ 6 days until the Halloween party...✩

Niki(POV)

As soon as the bell rang for break I quickly packed my books and pencil case in my bag, stood from my chair and exited the classroom. I heavily sighed, feeling super drained from the lesson we had with Mrs Lee. My eyes were droopy, my steps were heavy and my brain felt like it had been mushed. I lazily opened my locker while yawning, then mindlessly started shoving all my books inside, making my locker ten times more untidy and gross. The pictures I stuck inside were slanting because the glue on them was coming off, my books were stacked upon each other, but not neatly. I heaved, shutting my locker and flinging my bag over one shoulder.

Once I turned around, our eyes met and I felt my heart swell(in a good way of course). Her dark chocolate eyes stared right into my hopeful ones, although hers held not a single hint of emotion. I took a step forward, however she quickly turned around and speed-limped away.

Like she always does whenever she sees me.

"Yong!" I called her, also speed walking after her.

Yong ignored me and continued to limp to who knows where. "Yong! WAIT!" I called again, and she still ignored me. I jogged after her once she picked up the pace and huffed as she entered the girls bathroom, not bothering to look back.

I sighed, my heart aching yet again. She always did this. Always avoided me. For the past three days Yong has not been talking to me, but instead, has been giving me the coldest shoulder I could ever get, which hurt my heart. I don't know why, but it did. Whenever I tried to speak to her, she'd either make up a lame excuse to end the conversation, or, she'd just walk the other way whenever I was around.

Like right now.

I cussed under my breath, violently yanking the straps of my bag, turning around and walking towards the cafeteria. I burst through those door with a frown on my face and walked towards our usual table where my friends were already seated. I made my way to my seat, which was next to Seo Yeon, and sat myself down, not bothering to greet my group of friends.

"Woah, what's gotten you into such a bad mood Riki?" One of the guy's asked.

"I'm not in a bad mood, Hyung." I spat.

"No, Fuma is right. You are in a bad mood. What happened?" One of my other older guy friends, K, asked.

I heavily sighed, meeting my hyung's eyes full of worry. "I'm fine, really." I said.

"Okay..." He shrugged his shoulders. "If you say so." He said.

I continued to stay silent while the group chatted amongst each other. I barely even paid much attention to what they were saying since my mind kept on drifting off to her. I just couldn't stop thinking about Yong. It seemed as if the more she continued to distance herself away from me, the more I grew agitated and sad. I missed her. I wanted to talk to her, I wanted us to go back to the way we were.

Close. I wanted us to be close again because this distance was killing me.

My eyes shot up once I heard the cafeteria door open, and that's when I saw her. Yong walked in and I felt the pain in my heart grow. Her expression was nothing but dull and she looked oddly tired. She still looked very pretty of course, but she didn't look...herself. Her joyful, smiley self. Compared to when I saw her just minutes ago, she looked worse(no offense). Almost as if she cried while in the bathroom.