Chapter six➖

Yong(your POV)

"Wanna hear a dad joke?" Zoa asked, slightly nudging me.

I rolled my eyes and said, "No. They're lame."

Hyewon whined, pouting like a child and literally embarrassing me in front of a few students who loitered in the school hallway. I laughed and shook my head, taking her hand in mine and walking towards the canteen. However, my steps slowed down as I spotted two familiar people standing together near the nurse's office.

"Yong-ahh, isn't that-"

"Niki and Seo Yeon? Yeah, it is." I said through gritted teeth, my grip on Hyewon's hand becoming a bit too tight.

Background music : Mixed Up - ENHYPEN
Say So - Doja Cat

"Oh my FLIPPIN heck! Didn't we tell him to stay away from that snake!!" Hyewon shouted, throwing her head back in frustration.

My heart kinda ached as I watched Niki fall for Seo Yeon just like that. The way she giggled and touched him and the way he looked at her created a rather unsettling feeling in the pit of my stomach. But then again why was I so surprised? He did indirectly tell us that he might have started liking Seo Yeon, right?

But still, this isn't right. Not only for me, but for him too. I know for a fact that one day, Seo Yeon will end up hurting Niki and I don't want that at all.

A sigh from Hyewon startled me and she quickly let go of my hand. She marched towards Niki and Seo Yeon, but I quickly grabbed her by her sleeve and pulled her back.

"Hyewon don't. Just...let them be." I said.

Hyewon scoffed. "Let them be? Seriously? You want us to just stand here and watch Niki get caught up with the she devil? Yong if we don't stop this now he's gonna get hurt! You don't know what that girl is capable off." She violently yanked her arm out of my grip and marched towards Niki and Seo Yeon, but I again tugged on her sleeve and pulled her back.

"Hyewon it's okay. We may not like Seo Yeon but that doesn't mean we should ruin Niki's chances with her. If he...likes her then so be it." I gave her a fake but reassuring smile, hoping that she'd buy it and let this go.

As much as it pained me to see Niki fall for Seo Yeon, I had to let him be. If pretending to be okay with things just so Niki could be happy, then so be it. Who was I to control his life?

"Yong.." Hyewon shakes her head. "You wanna pretend everything is okay when it's not? You wanna watch Niki set a trap for himself and get hurt because of her?"

"That's not what I'm trying to do-"

"Then let's go! Let's get Niki away from her!!" She yelled, pointing towards them.

"Hyewon NO! It's fine okay! Let him do whatever he wants. Besides, it's not like Seo Yeon is gonna stop going after him." I said, pleading with my best friend.

Hyewon sighed heavily and nodded. "Fine. But if Seo Yeon hurts him, he better not come crying to us. And you better not allow him to use you." She warned.

"I won't, don't worry." I sighed.

I deeply sighed, adjusting the straps of my school bag as I hastily walked towards the school gates.

The day had gone by pretty fast, it was afterschool already. This entire day had taken a massive toll on me. The teachers seemed extra moody and b!tchy today(excuse my language). They showed no mercy and gave us loads and loads of homework and assignments, and all of them were due either on the same day or a few days from now.