ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ Chapter 4

・。

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

         It was the first day of December, and the weather was far too mild for Yeoreum's liking. It had been raining on and off for the past few weeks, but today the sky was clear and the sun was bright— though it's warmth did not reach the ground. It bothered her, how perfect the day had been playing out. From her refreshing morning, to the traffic-free commute to her University. Even her classes seemed to fly by, and now she found herself lounging in the campus green space for lunch, eating a rather delicious burrito bowl. Every so often she would glance at her phone, checking for any sign of Chenle's group chat.

She was having mixed emotions over the whole idea of it, her inner turmoil tormenting her at every moment's notice. When she was falling asleep the night before after the initial proposal she was actually looking forward to it. Then, on her drive to school when she finally remembered the conversation she had with Chenle, she was mortified. Why would she ever want to be added into a groupchat with a bunch of random strangers? It certainly didn't help when her mind began forcing grand delusions of who could Chenle could possibly add to the mystery group chat upon her. The worst of which being the possibility of him adding the rest of 7Dream, so soon after she had decided she didn't want to be associated with them. She had shook that thought off immediately, calling herself delusional, and concluding that she was overthinking the whole thing.

And now, as she anxiously checked her phone for the umpteenth time, Yeoreum couldn't help but be embarrassed by her own behavior. How big of deal was it really? She could simply leave the groupchat or ignore it completely. And she wouldn't be surprised if Chenle ended up forgetting about the idea and it never coming to fruition in the first place. It was a beautiful day, and there was no point in letting it go to waste by worrying herself to death over something as silly as an instagram groupchat.

With a conclusive air, she planted her phone screen-down next to her on the picnic table. What truly deserved her attention was the Chipotle bowl that lay in front of her, sweetly calling her name. With spork in hand, Yeoreum gathered the perfect bite— equal ratio of beans, chicken, rice, and guacamole. She swore the heavens were singing it's praise above her. Just as she was lifting her multi-purpose utensil to her mouth to taste it, her phone dinged.

She froze. Only her instagram notifications made that sound. Yeoreum glanced between her phone and her meal, eyes darting back and forth nervously. She gulped and squeezed her eyes shut, cramming her bite into her mouth. It took everything in her to not immediately snatch up her phone and check to see what the notif read. It took everything and more.

Unfortunately, Yeoreum did not have the 'more' she needed to fight temptation. Swallowing down her food, she gently placed her spork back into the bowl, reaching out to grab her phone with both hands. She turned it over slowly, knowing the screen would wake once fully face-up. With a great expectancy, she watched as the OLED screen lit up, revealing the answer she both desired and feared.