ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ Chapter 26

・。

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

It was finally Saturday, and Yeoreum was stressed. She paced around her room, constantly checking her makeup in the mirror, pulling at her sleeves, angrily brushing her overgrown bangs out of her eyes.

It wasn't that she was nervous about her first impression with the three boys she has yet to meet, nor was she trying to impress anyone with her appearance. But Yeoreum hadn't hung out with other people in a good while, and it make her stomach twist. Not to mention that said people were all men, and she would be going to their house. She trusted them, but the idea was slightly terrifying to her. Yeoreum's mom would kill her if she knew about this.

Finally stumbling her way out of her bedroom, Yeoreum tiptoed her way towards the living room where Shinae was eating lunch. She desperately wanted female company on her trip, but was too nervous to ask. Instead, she opted to stand awkwardly by the couch, hugging her bag to her chest as she stared at Shinae like a child stares at their mother at 3am, willing themselves to tell her they just projectile vomited all over their bedroom.

Even if Shinae did agree to come along, she would still have to get permission from the boys to bring her-- Yeoreum knew better than to bring her along without approval. As she mused to herself, Shinae had turned to stare blankly at her roommate.

"What's bothering you?" she asked, knowing that Yeoreum would never be able to spit it out herself. Said girl jumped at the question, and gripped her bag tighter as she floundered for words.

"I uhm... I feel bad leaving you here all alone while I go hang out with my friends," she said nervously, half-lying. Truth be told, leaving Shinae by herself did leave a sour taste in her mouth. Peering through her lashes at the other girl, she mumbled out "You're not mad right?"

"Mad?" Shinae asked incredulously, "What would I be mad about?"

Shinae stared up at her friend with concern. "Yeoreum, why would I ever be mad at you for having other friends? In all honesty, I couldn't be more proud of you for branching 

Yeoreum stared at her. Why did she ask that? Why had she been expecting Shinae to be upset?

Deep down she knew the answer, remembering the last time the topic her new friends had been brought up around her roommates. Yeoreum winced. Maybe asking Shinae was a bad idea, if Solmi ever found out...

Shaking her head, Yeoreum brushed it off. "Sorry, that was silly of me... I just- what I really wanted to ask was if you would like to join me," she breathed out, "It'd be nice to have another girl with me too. I'm just worried about what Sol would think I guess..."