ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ Chapter 66

・。

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

Haechan rocked back and forth on his heels impatiently, waiting for someone to answer the door. He wasn't exactly sure why he was there, waiting at the door with an armful of textbooks and his bag slung around a shoulder. He could be doing this project completely by himself, it honestly wasn't even that hard. He'd just lie to the professor about her participation in the work.

But he wasn't. Instead of going home to the comfort of his own bed and the escape of his PC, he had gone from school straight to the house he stood in front of now.

With every second that ticked by, his urge to turn around and leave grew stronger, but his feet stayed planted firmly on the ground.

Finally, after what felt like ages, he heard the latch of the door go. Slowly, the door swung open.

Mie's brows furrowed at the sight of the boy standing on her porch, but it took her only a second to swing the door wide open for him to enter, a wide smirk growing across her face.

"Here to see Yeoreum, huh? Where are Jeno and Jaemin? I thought the three of you would be coming as a group?" she pressed, watching him enter the home.

Politely slipping of his shoes, he answered her questions casually, but was careful not to give the younger girl too much to work with. "I came alone today to work on the research paper with her, Jaemin and Jeno will stop by on their own time. Now, could you direct me to her room?"

Mie's eyebrows shot up at his request, and Haechan internally slapped himself.

"You want to go to her room? I was just gonna tell her to come downstairs!" the Japanese girl said, giggling at the implications.

"I have a feeling she'd tell you to send me home if you told her, so I'd rather find her myself," he groaned in response, making Mie gasp even more.

"YOU DIDN'T TELL HER YOU WERE COMING OVER?"

"...yeah."

Mie slapped her hands to her cheeks and bounced in place, eating up the situation she had found herself in the middle of. Haechan rolled his eyes. It wasn't that big of a deal, he just wanted to get this goddamn project done.

"Up the stairs, bedroom directly at the end of the hallway," the girl provided, smiling widely at him. Haechan just pursed his lips and gave her a small nod of thanks before making his way up.

Mie's directions were actually surprisingly easy to follow, the layout of the house being far more simple
that his own or the 127House. Soon enough, he found himself standing frozen in front of Yeoreum's door.

He wasn't exactly sure why, but something had stopped him in his tracks when he first went to knock. He lowered his hand, flexing his fingers as he chewed on his bottom lip. Stalling, he double checked he had everything he needed in his bag, and then his phone notifications. Then he patted down his jacket, and cracked his neck. And then he ran a hand through his hair.