ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ Chapter 41

・。

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

"What??? There's more layers than just the color?"

"I've explained this like three times Mark! Base coat, then color, then top coat! It will chip and fall off faster if you just put on the color coat," Yeoreum cried, exasperated.

She didn't understand how such a simple concept could be so confusing to anyone. She had been helping the boys choose colors for their nails, pleasantly surprised by how enthusiastic they were to get their nails painted. Now, it was Mark's turn.

"But what if I want it to come off faster," he mumbled, staring at the bottle of dark blue nail polish in front of him. Yeoreum rolled her eyes.

"Then we'll just use the color," she groaned, turning to watch the progress of the others. Jeno and Jaemin were taking turns helping paint each others fingernails, while Renjun was busy being artistic and had about 5 colors sitting in front of him. Chenle, who insisted on having his painted by Yeoreum herself, was busy admiring his new manicure. Haechan had capitalized on her collection of rhinestones and nail stickers, and was busy fighting Jisung off of his stash.

Yeoreum and Mark fell into easy conversation as she worked on his nails, her tongue sticking out in concentration. "So, when are you asking Shinae out?" She managed to ask after finishing one finger.

This made Mark flinch, causing some of the polish to smear. "Oh my fucking god," Yeoreum grumbled as she worked to fix the mistake. Mark had turned bright red in the meantime.

"Oh uhmmm— I don't know, I mean, she probably doesn't even see me that way. I don't wanna make anything awkward between us," he mumbled out shyly, scratching his head with his free hand. Yeoreum's lips pulled back in a knowing smile.

"I wouldn't be too worried about that Mark. I'm not saying anything, but Shinae has been looking a lot happier as of late," she replied cryptically, finishing up the last nail on his hand.

The older boy grinned dumbly, small embarrassed giggles escaping his mouth. "I really like her Yeoreum," he said quietly through his giddy laughter. Yeoreum smiled warmly up at him. It was so unexplainably heartwarming to hear how genuine and lovestruck Mark was over Shinae, and even more heartwarming knowing it was over one of her best friends. The two were practically made for each other.

"You be good to her alright? You hurt her and I'll personally chop your balls off," Yeoreum threatened, wagging a finger at him. Mark chuckled nervously. "Don't worry, I wouldn't dare," he replied quickly, his freshly painted hand subconsciously falling to his pants defensively. Yeoreum let out a bark of laughter.