ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ Chapter 40

・。

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

Yeoreum strode confidently out of her room, her bag already slung around her arm. She wasn't going to wait around to be interrogated by Solmi. The plan was to walk out where her roommate could see her, tell her she was going to hang out with some friends, and promptly escape.

Out in the living room, Solmi sat doing classwork. Yeoreum could see Shinae sitting at their kitchen table, and the two friends exchanged glances. Shinae gave her a small thumbs up and mouthed "good luck!" as Yeoreum passed by her.

As soon as Yeoreum made it to their key tray to grab her car keys, the second phase of the plan started.

"You going somewhere?" Solmi's voice called out from the living room. Yeoreum turned to see her roommate leaning forward on their coffee table, head propped up by her hands as she stared inquisitively at her, her signature lopsided smile painted across her face.

"I'm going to hang out with some of my coworkers," Yeoreum responded, keeping her tone light and nonchalant. She didn't miss the way Solmi's happy expression darkened for a split-second before returning to it's original state.

Said girl nodded slowly. "Which ones?" she asked casually, folding her arms on the table. "Mie, Inhyeok and my newest coworker Yangyang," Yeoreum answered bluntly, turning back to grab her keys and walking towards the door. She didn't need to hear any more.

"Yangyang? Is that a guy?" Solmi pressed, her voice slightly louder, her tone a little more demanding. Yeoreum craned her neck around and glanced towards the kitchen where she locked eyes with Shinae for a second, who was sitting wide-eyed as she listened in on the conversation. Yeoreum glanced back over to Solmi and nodded. "Yeah. I'll be back later tonight," she said blankly, and then turned and walked out the door without looking back.

Heart pounding, Yeoreum raced out of the building and into her car. She hated the idea that she would have to go back to the apartment later. She hated that she had to share her home with Solmi. Yeoreum wanted to put as much distance between herself and that girl as possible. She didn't know what Solmi's deal was, or her intentions, but it made her skin crawl.

It wasn't until she pulled into the impossibly long driveway of the 7Dream house that her mind finally drifted from the topic of her roommate. The first things that caught her eye as she slowed to park were the two boys busy scrubbing away at the pavement and garage door.

Getting out of her car, Yeoreum gave her orange-haired best friend a questioning look as he paused his scrubbing to wave at her at her excitedly. "Renjun was making me and Jisung clean up our glowstick juice mess before you got here, but you're early!!" He yelled to her cheerily, beaming widely. At the mention of his name, Jisung turned around from where he stood aggressively rubbing the garage door, and waved happily.

"You guys seem awfully happy for being forced into cleaning duty," Yeoreum laughed, stepping over to where Chenle was kneeled on the ground to peer at his work. He smiled up at her deviously. "Renjun doesn't know we decorated the back patio too." he snickered. "He'll find out later though!" Jisung chimed in, wringing out his cleaning rag.