ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ Chapter 46

・。

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

Friday, January 23 | 6:43PM
Day of 127 House's party_

A few days prior...

"I'm going to a party for streamers on Friday," Yeoreum blurted out as the three roommates sat and ate dinner in front of the TV. "I just wanted to let you guys know ahead of time that I'll be out for a few hours," she mumbled into her fork. Solmi's eyebrows furrowed. Yeoreum had become suspiciously busy within the past few weeks, and it was making Solmi nervous. Glancing over at Shinae, she noticed how the oldest girl seemed completely unphased by the news, just nodding in acknowledgement and going back to chewing her food.

Something was up. And something was very, very wrong. This was not how it was supposed to go. Solmi had gone through so much work through the past year and a half to make sure that Yeoreum relied on her and her alone-- with the exception of Shinae-- and now, just because some boys were overly-friendly with Yeoreum two months ago, all that work was down the drain.

Yeoreum needed Solmi.

Her minding working at top speed, the black-haired girl turned to Yeoreum with a gaze filled with concern. "A party? Are you sure you're going to be okay?" she asked, fully aware of Yeoreum's past experiences. She was grateful for them-- they had been a huge help to Solmi in ensuring that Yeoreum never stepped out of her comfort zone. She just couldn't believe that her roommate would cast off her fears so easily for some-- some influencer meeting.

Solmi watched Yeoreum regard her carefully before nodding. "Yeah, I've thought about it, I think it's time I try and shed some of that fear," she said seriously, her eyes drilling into Solmi's own.

She flinched slightly at the intense eye contact. Just as Yeoreum had become more confident and social, she had also become distant and blunt when interacting with Solmi. She didn't understand why, Solmi had never done anything but care for Yeoreum. In fact, it was almost aggravating how ungrateful the brown-haired girl was.

Sure, it might seem selfish of her to have purposefully isolated her roommate, but other people were only a threat. Shouldn't Yeoreum have learned that when her ex-boyfriend assaulted and used her those years ago?

And now, here she sat, staring at Solmi defiantly, wanting to go right back into the environment that caused that trauma in the first place. Why couldn't she see Solmi only wanted the best for her? For them?

"How do you even know you can trust these people?" Solmi countered, setting her plate down on the coffee table, "I mean, do you even know any of them?" she asked accusingly. Yeoreum's face twisted in disgust.

"Yes, I do know them. I trust them too," she said through clenched teeth. Solmi scoffed at her.

"Yeah? Didn't you trust your ex-boyfriend when he asked you to go to that party? And then what happened?" Solmi said, voice laced with venom. From the corner of her eye, see saw Shinae slam her plate down on the coffee table.