ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ Chapter 35

・。

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

"Bye guys! See you later!" Solmi called out, waving happily at Shinae and Yeoreum as they parted ways. For the first time in days, Yeoreum was able to breath easy. Winter break had finally ended, and it was the first day back at school.

Yeoreum was grateful for it— after Yejun's strange admission a few days prior, she had been on edge every time Solmi was in the same room as her. How was she supposed to feel comfortable around her after being informed that the girl had been monitoring her that way? Solmi, on the other hand, was just peachy.

She had returned from her family vacation about 4 days prior, on New Year's Day. There was nothing about her behavior that seemed out of the ordinary at all. Of course, that could have been because Yeoreum and Shinae made no mention of 7Dream the entire time.

As the pair watched Solmi walk off in the direction of her first class, Yeoreum fidgeted anxiously with the sleeves of her sweater. She was nervous to ask her about Solmi, unsure whether Shinae would be upset by the accusations made against their roommate. She had always been the mediator between Yeoreum and Solmi, never picking teams.

Realizing that her short window of being able to speak to the girl without Solmi being present was coming to it's close as they approached the building her first class was located, she finally sucked it up and stopped walking. Shinae, confused by her sudden halt, turned to look at her.

"Can I talk to you about something real quick?" Yeoreum questioned sheepishly, pulling her phone out of her pocket in preparation to show Shinae the messages she had recieved from Yejun.

Shinae nodded and stepped closer to look at Yeoreum's phone screen as she presented it to her.

"Yejun sent me these messages the day after Solmi came back, and I was just wondering if you've noticed anything different about her behavior at all or if-- I don't know... If you believe what he's saying at all? I guess?" Yeoreum rambled out, trying to sound as casual and unconcerned as possible in the case Shinae thought Yejun was lying and was offended by the claims made against her friend.

She chewed her lip nervously as she watched Shinae's brows furrow. On the inside, she was panicking. 'Of course Shinae would be skeptical, she probably thinks I'm an asshole for trusting Yejun', Yeoreum thought to herself.

But what Shinae said surprised her. "I believe it."

"You believe it?"

Shinae nodded. "I've noticed her behavior too, to be honest."

Yeoreum raked her hands through her hair. She wasn't sure if she was supposed to be relieved that Shinae also saw what was happening, or if she was supposed to feel horrified that it was reality and Yejun wasn't lying.