ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ Chapter 63

・。

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

Wednesday, Feb 3rd
Day of Shinae & Jisung Party
earlier that day

"Today you will be starting the major project I mentioned in the beginning of the semester," their professor announced. "You will be creating a research paper and presentation on a human social behavior of your choosing; negative or positive; modern or left in the past; it doesn't matter."

"In case you've forgotten, this is a partner project. You may not work alone. And to ensure everyone has a partner, I have taken the responsibility of choosing your partners for you."

Groans and murmurs flowed around the room at this statement. Yeoreum dropped her head onto her desk in despair. She could hear Jaemin and Jeno complaining in the background, but Haechan stayed silent.

"I will now be announcing the pairs I have created, when your name is called please stand up and raise your hand so your partner can identify you. Afterwards, please use your time to begin brainstorming topics together."

"Ahem... Kim Hyun-so and Ahn Jiwoo. Sái Phượng and Moon Inhyeok. Park Gaeun and Shen Xuefeng..."

The list went on and on, Jeno getting paired with a dude-bro in his major, and Jaemin with a girl who made it quite clear she hated the idea of working with him and not her boyfriend.

After what felt like ages their professor finally announced,

"Bae Yeoreum... and Lee Donghyuck."

Mouth wide open in horror, Yeoreum slowly turned in her chair to see Haechan staring at her with the same exact expression on his face.

˚

The entire group of friends, including Mie and Yangyang, were at the 7Dream home for Jisung and Shinae's joint b-day party. Her two coworkers had settled in immediately, despite it being their first times meeting the others in person (besides Renjun and Haechan, who had met Mie a few days prior).

It was already late in the evening, cake had been served, and gifts had been given. For the first time that night, all three girls found themselves in their own little group, separated from the noisy boys. Yeoreum took this as an opportunity to vent about what had been on her mind the entire evening.

"I can't believe that I have to spend the next 3 weeks working on this stupid ass research project with him," she grumbled to Mie, watching said boy sob dramatically on the ground after losing a match of Just Dance to Yangyang.

Mie sighed dreamily and clasped her hands together. "I think it's fate," she swooned, leaning in to make kissy faces at Yeoreum. "And I think it's divine punishment for something I did in my past life," the girl responded dryly, taking a sip of her drink.