Chapter 20- Satish

(First update in a double update)

I silently led Carnet up to my room, the space itself had been transformed since the last time I was here, a few of my pack members taking the time to get my room ready for my Luna instead of going to dinner.

Being unmated until now my room had been quite sparse and spartan, which was suitable for me, but not my Luna. The large bed with a thin sheet had been changed to a heavy and soft downy duvet topped with thick furs to keep my Luna warm as he slept.

As an Alpha I ran hot, rarely feeling the cold but Carnet would feel the approaching winter acutely, the bitter and icy wind was unforgiving up high in the mountains and even with a fire crackling in the hearth and sharing my body heat with him I still worried he'd get sick.

It was the reason I'd ordered my pack members to put such a thick duvet and furs on top for good measure.

The lone table by the fire that used to house two chairs and a chessboard had been switched with a larger table, the chessboard still present and how Jan and I had left it mid-game, to continue at a later date when we both had a moment.

A rocking chair had been placed directly in front of the fire, for Carnet to read in the evenings if he so wished, or maybe even knit blankets or little clothes for our pups and the thought made me smile.

A chest of draws, a bookcase and a few shelves had been added also, for Carnet to put his things when they arrived from his old pack, and for all the things I'd spoil him with. The walk-in closet I had was more than large enough for us to share the space and I liked the thought of all his clothes getting covered in my scent.

Some pelts and rugs had been scattered on the hardwood floor and thicker black-out curtains were covering the balcony door, all to help my Luna deal with the cold winter that would soon be on us.

For tonight lit candles had been placed on almost every surface, scented with calming fragrances and illuminating the room in a soft and warm glow.

I'd seen the surprise on my pack members' faces when I'd made such a request, along with some others. I gather they hadn't expected me to be so thoughtful and considerate towards my Luna. I may be an Alpha but I wasn't a thoughtless beast, I wanted Carnet to be comfortable in his new home and relaxed tonight.

I knew he was nervous and probably apprehensive about consummating our bond so I wanted to cause him as least stress as possible, and creating a welcoming and calming atmosphere would help with that.

I had no intention of forcing myself on Carnet against his will and although my wolf longed to just push Carnet down on the bed and fuck him roughly I would hold those impulses back, not just because I promised Jan, but also myself. I would hate to cause Carnet pain or give him any reason to hate or fear me. Part of me was almost too scared to touch him in fear I'd blemish his milky white skin with bruises or cause him to cry.

Alpha's weren't known for being gentle and I'll admit in the past I'd been far from tame in the bedroom. I remembered one time, in particular, I'd been considerably worked up and had taken one of my warriors to bed because I doubted anyone else would be able to handle me. He'd been not much smaller than me and I'd left him a weeping mess by the end, he'd been willing at the start but I bet he regretted it afterwards. I'd been ashamed to find his ass bloody despite the time I'd taken to prepare him, his hips bruised from my tight grip and he couldn't go back to his duties for days because of the injuries I'd caused.

I was terrified of hurting Carnet, the strength of my wolf's instincts to devour Carnet with animalistic need, to destroy his innocence and forever remind him who he belonged to was hard to fight against, but I knew I must.