Chapter 7- Carnet

When the side door opened they finally shut up with their screeching, my ears were ringing and I felt like I needed to wash them out from the vulgar language that was used. I could feel the panic, but also the lust in the room, all of their eyes fixated on the side door.

I could smell him, I knew it was him, the Alpha.

I turned my head a bit, seeing him in my peripheral, standing with a slightly shorter but just as muscular man with fiery red hair. He smelt of power and importance as well, but not as much as the Alpha, he must be of high rank though, maybe his Beta?

I was tense with nerves as the Alpha came closer, he was going to sit next to me, I didn't know if I could take being that close to him. The closer he got the stronger his scent became, the heavier his presence, it took everything I had not to melt into my seat, his dominance trying to liquefy my insides.

He sat down, not having spoken a word yet, his eyes scanned the table, his nose twitching minutely.

His attire was more causal than last night, but he still looked sharp, his hair was still braided down his back, but now I could see how long it was and beads were woven into the braid. The thickly braided hair ended just before the small of his back, I could imagine how heavy it was but he carried it as if it was weightless.

I bared my neck, whispering "Alpha" in a respectful greeting, it just came out naturally, like me kneeling before him last night, my body's instincts ruled me, and I'd let them.

The other four glared at me, quickly following suit.

I didn't do it to undermine them, I wasn't like that, I wouldn't trample on others to get what I want. If I was going to become Luna, which I highly doubt, I'd want to have done it honestly, cheating and winning compared to winning legitimately, well there was no comparison. If I won legitimately it meant I was worthy, I was good enough, if I won by cheating it didn't count for much, just that I was good at scheming, I was a fraud if I won that way, he wouldn't have chosen me for me, I'd tricked him, that wouldn't sit well with me, it would weigh on my conscious.

The Alpha turned to look at the cold-eyed contender on his other side, his long braid sliding across his back and towards me, and I got a closer look at the many different plaits and braids, his scent getting even stronger as his movement moved the air towards me.

I shivered, my eyes fluttering, trying to close, my body wanted to get lower, so his would tower over me, complete submission.

The contender smiled seductively, his cold blue eyes watching the Alpha avidly, wantonly.

I felt jealousy and some defeat, which made me annoyed at myself, of course, he'd be more interested in the gorgeous male than me, I was stupid to think otherwise.

The contender made a whimpering sound when the Alpha leaned over him, running his nose along his neck and throat, taking in his scent.

He pulled away quite soon though, his body subtly tensing, his aura sharpening a tiny bit, he was angry. His intense silver eyes turned to look over at the redhead, an unspoken conversation going on between them. The man stood coming to stand by his Alpha, who waved his hand at the contender. "Take this impure, mendacious mutt out of my sight," he ordered.

I heard collective gasps around the room, I refrained from sounding my surprise but my breathing did hitch, I was indeed shocked. To try and partake in the Luna Choosing when you've been defiled by another is no little matter, and by the accused pallor he knew that all too well.