Chapter 8- Satish

I'd never had such a strange breakfast, such a quiet one. I couldn't blame them, I didn't speak either, but I was hungry and didn't know what to say, so I didn't say anything.

I could hear them fighting on the walk to my office, the muffled hits and irregular footsteps, I really couldn't believe that one of them would be my Luna. I just ignored it and walked alongside Jan, who seemed amused by the whole thing.

I left for my office as soon as possible, I needed a moment alone, just a little reprieve before having to sit and meet all four of the contenders' parents and chat with them, get to know them better and revise their files with my own parents, to whittle down the numbers. I was expected to make a decision by dinner, as the final stage of the Luna Choosing was happening tonight, where my chosen Luna will be bound to me forever.

Jan came in after a few moments, shaking his head and closing the door behind him. "I don't envy you Satish." he sounded serious for once, not a hint of mirth in his voice, it was unlike him.

I sighed and rubbed my face, feeling stressed, I was busy enough with Alpha duties, and I had this decision to make on top of it all, I hope these meetings will help make it easier. "Let's just get this over with, I want to go for a run soon," I told him and he nodded, leaving the room, no doubt getting my parents and the first contender and their family.

They soon came in, it was the Swedish contender, the one with the body of a swimmer. Whilst they were sitting down I scanned over his file, Elias Hugo, from the Tryesta Pack, twenty-three, fluid in three languages; English, French and Swedish. Decent grades, a few hobbies, swimming as one of them and football.

"It's very nice to meet you Mr and Mrs Hugo, and it's good to see you again Elias." I greeted them, my words feeling hollow to my ears, the formal words not ringing true.

"It's such an honour for my son to be shortlisted, to have the opportunity to become your Luna, Alpha." Mrs Hugo voiced, sounding how you'd expect for her son to get this far. There might be four contenders at the moment but only three had a chance, that green-eyed twink was an almost certain no.

Elias' eyes were raking over my body hungrily, I bet he thought he was being subtle enough about it that no one would notice, that was, however, not the case. Sure I liked to be looked at and lusted after, but that was by those who'd never get the chance to live out their fantasies. It wasn't appealing for one who could be mine, not that I wanted an unwilling Luna, but tactful, they are supposed to be seen as pure, the way he was eye fucking me didn't really portray that.

We all talked for a short while, he was pretty quiet, his parents and my own doing most of the talking, I just listened for the most part. I was assured Elias was pure, well I could smell as much, he hadn't been touched in that way by another, but somehow he didn't smell as sweet as that pale, amber eyed beauty I'd sat next to at breakfast. They left once we were done, Jan showing them out, and calling in the next one.

I turned to my parents for their opinion. "So, how does Elias fair?"

"He is attractive dear, too thin I think to carry child though, plus his eyes barely left you, his body may be pure but it's clear his mind's certainly not." my mother told me and I nodded slowly, taking in her words and saving them for later when I had to decide.

"Father?" I pushed and he cleared his throat.

"His pack is a decent enough one, not one of the biggest, quite strong though. The alpha of his pack is a nice enough man, if a bit... overly friendly." he gave his perspective, you could see where my parents' priorities lie. My mother was all about grandkids and appearance, my father about pack relations and status, and how others would take it if I was to take a member of the Tryesta Pack as my Luna.

Jan showed the next contender in, who happens to be the green-eyed twink. I glanced down at his file, Aban Daulton, from the Penchant Pack, nineteen, fluid in two languages; English and French. Grades very good in places, lacking in some subjects though, seems he wasn't much of a mathematician or scientist, more of a poet or writer. Hobbies include playing the piano, guitar, flute and interestingly the banjo.

They sat down, Aban looking even smaller than I remember, his arms like little twigs. His mother looked much the same, his father a stout, and burly man, they all were pretty short.

Introductions were pretty similar to before, the conversation was mostly the same. Aban seemed somewhat shyer than Elias had been, his large emerald eyes focusing on random objects around me, although he managed to look at my parents a few times. He was more submissive, that was appealing to me, it was what I needed in a mate, in a Luna, someone to balance me out but also submit to me completely, Elias had too much pride, he wasn't that submissive in my eye. As I've said before Aban is very cute, adorable even, but too small and frail, plus with the squabbles this morning it seemed he was also a spoiled brat. I don't have time to parent a petulant child, nor would I want one in my bed, I'm not into littles or DDLB.

They left after the talking had finished and I turned to my parents again, my mother looked a little worried. "He's adorable Satish, and I'm sure he'd make beautiful little babies, but he's so tiny and thin." she worried. "He's definitely submissive but so quiet, a Luna can't hide in their Alpha's shadow, they need to stand by their side."

"He's just a kid Satish, he looks barely past puberty. His pack is a strong one though, large and powerful. His alpha is a man of acquired tastes, much like some of their cuisine." my father told his opinion and I nodded.

The dark beauty and his parents were next, taking a seat in front of my parents and me. His file, telling me his name was Imani Bahati, from the Solanga Pack, twenty, fluid in English, French, Swahili and Tshiluba. Overall outstanding academic grades. Hobbies include soccer, craft and dance. His stark white hair surprised me, even though I've seen it before, it's just so unique, that paired with his skin, he sure is a picture. He was very different from Aban, tall and not thin, he had muscle tone, the curvy body of a dancer. He was poised perfectly where he sat, for some reason bringing to mind an exotic prince from a distant country which he kind of was. His father the alpha of the Solanga pack, sitting to his left.

He sure was elegant and attractive, didn't come across as submissive at all though, he grew up an alpha's son after all. He would fit the Luna position well, he is a sight to behold, and definitely had the shock factor a Luna should have, not sure what he'd be like in the bedroom though. He smells pure, not as sweet as the amber-eyed beauty, but sweeter than Elias, he wasn't completely naive but somewhat so. He looked around quite a bit, sometimes in my direction but his dark eyes were unreadable, I had no idea as to his thoughts.

After we'd spoken they left, and I turned to my parents yet again. "Stunning, gorgeous Satish." my mother gushed. "He's certainly strong enough to birth an Alpha, those hips give me envy. Although quite dominant in nature, I worry he will struggle to submit, to give himself completely to you."

"Not much is known of his pack, that is both good and bad. Notoriety would reveal some important information about them, but some of it might not be good. His pack and ours have not crossed before, I know little of their alpha, although he seems pleasant enough, so hard to read through, like father like son." my father voiced his thoughts.

I still felt not much closer to deciding than I had been before these meetings and there was only one contender left and Jan was getting him now. I let out a sigh and took a sip of water from a glass I had on the table, feeling a bit of a headache coming on.