1. New Beginnings

A/N: Hey guys! I hope you will enjoy the story. If you would like to be featured in the story for a dedication please comment here. And remember to vote. I have no idea how this story will turn out so bare with me.

Sophie's P.O.V:

Moving to a new country and therefore school and house wasn't the most brilliant idea Sophie had ever had. In fact, it came pretty close to her I-wish-I-hadn't-said-that list. Her adoptive parents Grady and Edaline had gotten new jobs as veterinarians in a small city in Canada. (as her real parents had died in a car crash when she was five) She used to live in San Diego. But since Sophie didn't really have that many friends at her old school and if she was moving into year 11. It would give her a chance to make new ones. So it was a win-win for both of them.

They had moved to their new house during the term 1 holidays, so she would have to catch up on a term's worth of schoolwork. (Though that wasn't a problem for she was quite smart). Their new house was amazing! Twice the size of her old house, and because of her parent's new job, they were getting much more money than before. So they were able to afford a better house.

Their new house was a small, two story, with a lot of land around it. Gardens, forest area and paddocks.

Their house:

She also would be starting at her new school called Foxfire High, in a couple of days

She also would be starting at her new school called Foxfire High, in a couple of days. It was a private school, very posh campus, uniform and average pupils grades ver quite high. Basically it a school for smart people. She had seen a bit of the campus on her small tour a month earlier and WOW! It was huge. It had lawns with big oak trees where students could study while being in a calming environment. They had a cafeteria with full catering 24/7, a massive library with every book imaginable, sports lawns and turfs, and heaps of classrooms. 

She doubted she could find her way through without getting lost in about 2 seconds. But school was 2 days away. That was a problem for future Sophie. Right now she had to deal with present Sophie. First, sorting out her moving boxes. They had packed all of their stuff and furniture in boxes for a truck to transport to the new house. Lots of things had gone missing or gotten lost, and now she still had a few boxes to unpack.

She opened Spotify, plugged her earphones into her phone and started vibing to her favorite tunes. About 2 hours went by before she was called for dinner.

Dinner was a lovely homemade pizza with tomato and cheese. As she was getting ready for bed, she got a text from Dex, her cousin. (From her adoptive mum's side of the family)

D: Ready for your first day of school?

S: Yep, got all my books and everything!

D: Great! I'll see you there. Oh and just to warn you the school is massive! You'll need a map to get around for the first few weeks, it's that big.

S: WDYM????

D: Didn't Edaline tell you? I am going to be at your new school.

S: But I thought you went to that one called Exillium?

D: Yes but I got a scholarship for Foxfire. I started there about 2 months ago.

S: Oh cool! I guess I will see you there.

D: Yep meet me in the office at 8:20 am and I will show you around. Otherwise, you might get lost. 

S: K c u then!

D: Yep bye!

As Sophie went to bed she finally had some hope of being a good student. And knowing how to get around this place was the first thing. She'd have to make friends, get to know people, and of course, do well in her exams. But that could all wait. So she pushed all of those thoughts out of her mind and drifted off to sleep.