9. Base Quest

A/N: Sorry if this chapter is a bit long.

Keefe's P.O.V:

KNOCK! KNOCK!

Keefe knocked on the brass knocker of the front door to the Vackers mansion.

Even though he was like a third son to Alden and usually came over early on occasions like this he had decided to not come early and give Biana some space to set up. She had been stressing out all morning. And from the text, she had sent him wanting his opinion on EVERYTHING it looked like she wanted to impress someone.

But who though? Certainly not him. She had made that clear long ago and Keefe was fine with it but he had never seen her flirt or try to impress someone before. He thought through all the boys in their friend group. Not Wylie he had known him for long enough to know that was a definite no as nice as he was. No. Not Fitz he's her sister and ew just no that would be so wrong. Dex maybe? Mph Nah he was like an annoying little brother to them all. (Accept Sophie. Cause their cousins obvi) That left Tam but she barely knows him and his sister was her best friend. Another case of ew. NO! He thought it all through again pondering over the thought, then it clicked. Wait no way! It couldn't be. She wanted to impress...

 Just then the door flew open and the familiar sight of Della and Biana greeted him.

Al his thoughts deserted him as he peered around the doorway towards the various sounds in the background, he could hear various shouts and the sound of something hitting a wall.

"Hi Keefe," Della said. "Glad you could make it. Come inside."

She ushered him inside and the sight of World War III greeted him as she led them through to the kitchens.

The place looked like a war zone. With cake and frosting everywhere splattered over the walls and baking ingredients flung and forgotten over the benches. Something yummy was obviously still baking because the smells of cake batter wafted through the air and up his nose.

Somebody yelled and Keefe turned his attention to the maker of this mess. Sophie, Marella, and Linh were on one side of the kitchen using tables, chairs, and benches as cover as they threw cake batter over to the other side. 

Wylie, Dex, Tam, and Fitz were on the opposite side again using anything as cover from the sticky mess. Only they were each holding onto a weird-looking gadget. It looked like a regular kitchen spoon and a rubber band. They had a bowl of mixture at their feet and were loading the cake batter onto the spoon ready to launch it at the girls.

"READY, AIM, FIRE!!!!!" Dex yelled as Tam poked the contraption out from a hole between the two tables they were hiding behind. Tam pulled the rubber band back, aimed the spoon, and let go. 

As well as having a contraption the Boys had smeared frosting over their cheeks in two parallel lines. Like war paint.

"Ah." Della said behind them sounding slightly cross but amused all the same. "I didn't think they would clean up."

"Stuff that!" Biana exclaimed. "I'm gonna join in."

"I thought you would be too careful to avoid getting batter in your hair?" Teased Keefe.

"Aw, hell Nah! When an opportunity like this comes along. You gotta take it." Biana shot back with so much sass Keefe didn't even have time to reply before she made her way through the War Zone to join the girls.

"I swear the older she gets the more scary she is," Keefe muttered. Della laughed. "Your not wrong." She said with a sigh.

"Go on, join in. I'll get Biana and Fitz to help me clear it up tomorrow."