14. P.E Mayhem

Shoutout to my editor @Anonymouscuzwhynot. Go follow her and check out her stories! Thank you so much for all the tips and tricks. ilysm <3

Sophie P.O.V:

As the walked down stairs Sophie couldn't stop thinking about their kiss. Sure it was amazing but she just didn't feel any sparks with it. They had been dating for 2 weeks and she had only felt butterfly's once? Was this how love was supposed to feel like?

Just as they reached the doorway to the living room she pulled Fitz aside. "Hey, would you like to go on a date with me next weekend? I know we have been dating for 2 weeks now but we haven't actually gone on a proper date yet so...?" 

"Oh Soph, of course. I check my calendar when I get home okay?"

Sophie beamed in reply. And they walked into the living room where Keefe and Biana were watching a movie on Disney+. Maybe if she went on an actually date it would make the uneasy feeling go away right?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next day Sophie woke up feeling groggy as usual and relized that she was 1 hour late for school.

Shit, shit, shit... Was the only thing that ran through her mind as she raced around grabbing stuff and chucking it into her bag. "Bye Mum!" She called as she grabbed and apple for breakfast on her way out the door to where the bus was waiting to pick her up.

She usually took the bus to school, as her mum and dad didn't have time to drop her off and she was protective of her independence. Sometimes Alden gave her a ride with Fitz and Biana. But Biana have to go to school early on most days because of cheerleading practice. Biana was the captain and extremely strict with her team.

'If I don't show up early or on time the thats bad leadership and I have to show an example!' Biana would say over and over again to Sophie when she asked. Biana had offered her a spot in the team but Sophie didn't really want to be a cheerleader. 

Mainly because it meant she had to be at school early but also because she was busy enough with horse riding and all the competitions that came with that. Cheerleading is gymnastics meets acrobatics meets dance. Sophie couldn't deal with that. She was  very clumsy so she would probably muck up the routine. 

She jumped on the bus and made her way down the isles. She found a spare seat near the back and sat down eating her apple.

She then got to school and raced down the hallway to her locker. By this time she had been at school for a few months now so she had finally got a locker. Right next to Biana's and Keefe's.  Biana was already there talking to Linh and Maruca. Other girls were also crowding round the lockers all trying to talk to Biana. She didn't pay any attention to them and continued talking to Maruca and Linh.

Biana was quite popular as cheerleader captain. But it also helped that she was insanely pretty. Boys were always asking her out on dates and giving her flowers, she always turned them down. Linh and Maruca were also very popular. Maruca and Biana were in the cheerleading squad together. And Linh was in the school band. All three of them were gorgeous. Sophie couldn't help but be a little jealous. Sophie had gained popularity but becoming friends with Biana but she wasn't as popular. Biana was obviously the schools queen bee. The Cheryl Blossom or Veronica Lodge  in the like. Except really kind and actually a nice and caring person.

Biana saw her and smiled walked towards Sophie. The rest of the girls followed. Biana motioned for them to go away but they didn't take the hint. "Shoo Bitches" She snapped. Her warm smile hardening into an ice cold glare. The girls scampered off and her smile returned. "Hi Sophie!" Linh called and smiled at her. "I'll see you in chemistry! I gotta go to maths. See you later!" She called as she ran down the hall. Maruca trailing behind her.

"Sorry, but the just didn't take the hint." Biana said turning back to Sophie and apologizing for swearing. "Nah, that's okay. Shall we go?" There first period was P.E. The one thing other than Math's that they all hated. 

They made there way into the schools gym and down towards the locker rooms. They got changed into there P.E gear (which for Sophie consisted of a white t-shirt and bike shorts) and sat down on the bleachers with everyone else and waited foe the class to start. Even though there school had uniforms. They were allowed mufti for P.E.

5 minutes later the bell rang and a couple other kids trudged into the class behind a teacher. Keefe being one of them. He looked up to the bleachers and smiled at the two of them sat together. "Everybody, Miss Finch is away today so I will be taking your class. You will be joining in a game of dodge ball against my class. Grab the balls from the equipment room and line them up on the floor please." The teacher yelled at them. The kids scrambled to get ready. 

Sophie was just making her way across the gym when she felt a thud on her shoulder and spun around with the force, slipping over in the process. She fell hard on her butt and got winded. She let out an oof as she hit the floor.

She looked up to see a tall and skinny girl. She had brown curly hair and navy blue- almost violet- eyes. She looked down and smirked, like a cat trapping a helpless bird. Sophie got the feeling that she was that bird.

"Well, well, well look who we have here? Isn't it the famous new girl Sophie Foster. Well looks like your not tough enough for big girl school? You look like your about to cry." She sneered.

Sophie didn't know what to say. But then it occurred to her. She must be angry that I barged into her, she though. "I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to hurt you-" she started but the girl cut her off.

"Hurt me? Few, you didn't even touch me. Next time don't hang out with popular kids like Biana and Linh. Stick to your element. Losers and the nerds. Word of advise girl, next time you apologize for something. Save it for someone who cares. Which I doubt will be anyone judging on how ugly and wimpy you are " She huffed and stalked off.

Sophie was struck dumb. All Sophie could do was stare after her as she stalked away. Her wannabe girl group trailing after her. 

"Hey" a voice said behind her. She dragged herself back to her feet and turned around to see Marella and Biana standing beside her. "Don't mind Stina. She's just jealous of how pretty you are. She's always jealous of somebody. Don't take it to heart. We're your friends and we don't mind who your friends with." Marella said. "Yeah, don't listen to her. She's just a stuck up brat." Biana agreed. Nodding her head.

A whistle blew somewhere and students run to get into there positions for dodgeball. "Come on. Your on our team versing her. If you want to prove anything. You can prove by being a badass and smacking her in the face with a dodgeball." Marella said. Sophie laughed and they all ran over to their team.

The whistle blew for the start of the match and objects began flying everywhere. She was sent ducking and rolling to avoid being hit. Sophie was pretty sure at one point she saw somebody's shoe go flying. Again she laughed and picked up a ball that was rolling past her feet. She went to throw it when a giant red ball of mass slammed into her. Her eyes rolled into the back of her head and she could feel herself falling backwards. She threw out her arms behind her to catch herself but all she heard was a snap and pain erupted like wildfire throughout her body before the darkness caught her and she went under.