4. School Politics

Sophie's P.O.V:

"Who the hell was that?" Sophie asked Marella as soon as they got out of sight. "That," Marella replied with a sigh as if she got this question often. " Was Keefe. One of the school's many heartthrobs."

Sophie didn't know what to say to that. Which was good as they had arrived outside her classroom. "There you go," Marella said as she handed the schedule Sophie had dropped when she bumped into You-Know-Who.

"Welcome, Sophie!" a hoarse voice rang out around the room as she entered the classroom. "My name is Tiergan but you may call me Mr. T."

"Um... Okay."

Sophie managed before bolting to a desk at the back to avoid everyone staring at her. She had missed lunch as a result of Marella's tour around the school, and she was really regretting not asking to buy something from the school's massive cafeteria.

She managed to make it through the lesson without dying from hunger. Then she got a message from Dex.

D: Hey wanna meet me in the library after your lesson? We both have a free period for studying.

S: Sure, let me find it first. :/

Sophie looked down at her schedule. Sure enough, she had a free slot. It was supposed to be for studying but since she had only been at the school for 5 minutes she doubted the teachers would say anything if she wasn't studying.

She gathered up her stuff and left. She tried to follow the map that Dex had given her but the school was so massive there was no chance that she would ever be able to find it. 

Holy hell. How am I supposed to find this so-called Library?  She thought to herself. As she walked to the halls trying to find it. She tried to find someone to ask but they all looked so intimidating. 

She was just turning the corner when she saw a gorgeous girl with dark brunette hair, teal eyes, and heart-shaped lips. She was chatting with an Asian-looking girl with silver-tipped black hair and silver-flecked blue eyes. (A/N: Please don't hate me if the Asian description part offends you in any way. I TRIED so hard to make sure it didn't sound racist) They looked friendly so she walked up to them.

"Hi... um... Do you know the way to the Library?" Sophie asked the girls. 

The gorgeous brunette looked at her for a few seconds before saying with excitement: "Oh hiiiiii! You must be the new girl everyone is talking about. Um.. what's your name? Sophia... no... Soph? No, wait I got it! Sophie! I'm Biana and this is Linh." Biana said gesturing to Linh.

"Of course, we'll show you! We'd be happy to help out new kids. You can come to hang with us sometime." Linh said

"Eh, thanks" Sophie nervously said. "But I'm kinda hanging out with this girl called Marella. Sorry. Maybe someday."

"Oh! Marella, did you say?" Linh asked. "I know her, we're in Elementals class together. We sometimes hang out together. You should ask her if we can all hang out together!"

"Um... okay. Can you show me the way to the Library now?" Sophie asked, quite desperate to get there now.

"Oh! Of course." Biana jumped in before Linh could answer. "Follow us." They led Sophie down a maze of corridors. As she walked she tried to memorize the way with her Photographic memory.

They eventually rounded a corner and saw Dex sitting at a table near the back of the Library. He waved over to her and motioned for her to sit down.

"Hey, Sophie" Biana started. "My brothers having a party this weekend and I am allowed to invite some friends to join me. Would you Marella, and Dex like to come? It would be good for you. You can maybe make some new friends."

"Um Okay," Sophie said not knowing what to do with this information. She had never been invited to a big high school party before. Maybe it would be good to make some new friends.

"Sure," she said. "See you then." 

Then she said goodbye to Biana and Linh and walked over to where Dex was sitting to tell him the good news.