5

Giovanni De Luca

Giovanni De Luca

Present day...

Since that day I couldn't get her off my mind. Every day my desire to go to school became stronger just to see her. To see her dimpled smile. To hear the southern accent she possesses. Her vanilla scent that warmed me when she was near me. But I never actually talked to her.

Pathetic really.

She tried to talk to me but I could never get my words out. It was torture. I talked to her brother though, mostly because he was on our team.

After a month she stopped trying or caring even. And I don't blame her at all. She didn't asked me for help on math questions or said hi to me anymore. Just walked passed me.

I didn't realize I had a full crush on Alizée until sophomore year, with some help from my loving friends. One day, like any other day, I didn't see her. I didn't see her all day. Then I didn't see her for days. Then the days went into weeks and weeks went into 5 whole months of not knowing where she was.

I didn't understand because her brother was still here. I wanted to ask but thought it wasn't my business. Except, she came back the last month of school and acted like nothing happened.

"Savanna! Where's my hoodie!" I yell out looking through her closet.

Savanna was my sister and best friend. Well play sister. She was Boz's, my family's butler, adopted daughter. He found her while out on a mission and adopted her after finding out that her family purposely gave her up. She started living with us and grew up with me so I call her my sister.

"I put it back in your room!" She informed me. "Probably on the floor or something." Walking past the closet to go back in her bathroom.

I huff my breath in annoyance and walk back to my room. I look around my room and found my hoodie under my desk. How did I not notice that. I take a look around my room. I should clean it.

I put my hoodie and shoes on picking up my backpack and make my way down stairs. The smell of pancakes and eggs filled my nose the closer I got to the kitchen. I pick up a piece of bacon from Leonardo's plate then sit next to him.

"Hey!" The 7 year old whines. "Mama! Gianni taking my food again!" He whined again snatching the bacon out of my hands.

"Snitches get stitches. Remember that." I whispered in his ear. His eyes widen and called for mama again.

"Mama's boy." I mumbled to myself but she still heard me.

"Giovanni deja en paz a tu hermano. De todos modos, eres tan hijo de mamá como el suyo." Mama scolded at me in Spanish. Taking the plate from Boz, who was chuckling at me, and put it in front of me.