13

Alizée Sauveterre

Alizée Sauveterre

Today is Monday.

Which means i have to fulfill my bet to Giovanni and go to this stupid kids party. I should have lied and said i hated the dress then wore it anyway. But what good would that do.

The worse part is that i cant even enjoy the cake or food. I DON'T KNOW THESE PEOPLE! Whats the point of a party if you can't eat birthday cake. It's literally the best type of cake. You know what. Ill just have Giovanni get me something to eat after. And I'll have him pay for it. Usually he offers to pay but i always end up paying for myself so having him pay wouldn't really do much except give me the satisfaction that i didn't have to spend my money.

"What are you drawing over there?" Giovanni ask. Making me come out of my mental rant that was about him.

We were in free period right now and we were in the "quiet area". its in the library but not in the library. Its the off section that teachers used for a classroom but for now its unoccupied. We're here everyday together. Sometimes we don't talk, just sit in comfortable silence. We study. Or we watch a show with are computers. But the things he watch are usually so boring but i still watch them with him.

I look down at my paper and see a skeleton hand throwing up the middle finger and underneath it spelling FUCK YOU. "How I'm going to feel about you after school." I said to him holding up the sketch book to him.

"Hm. Well it looks cool. You're really good." He shrugged and went back to his notes.

Giovanni always did any work during the free period because and to quote. 'I'm most likely not going to do it at home.' I'm the complete opposite. I like doing my work at home. I guess its because i can blast my music loud or have the tv on while i work just for background noise.

I watch him study, but not in a creepy, and do his work a-lot and its kinda of a stress reliever to me. Maybe its because i know that he's struggling too so it makes me feel better. I know it makes me sound crazy. But as the German say...

Schadenfreude: a pleasure, joy, or self-satisfaction that comes from learning of or witnessing the troubles, failures, or humiliation of another.

And i live by this word.

I rolled my eyes at his nonchalant answer and back to sketching. Not looking at him i can feel his grey eyed ass burning a hole to the side of my head. And not that 'I'm staring at you to be annoying' but a staring that i don't recognize but he does it a-lot.

I turn my chair to him and look back at him. He's wearing gray nike sweats and a NWA shirt because he said it was to hot in here for his sweatshirt. He's man spreading into his chair with his notebook in his lap and spins his pencil around his fingers. Something he's picked up from me.