3

Alizée Sauveterre

Alizée Sauveterre

The day was almost over and I was just ten minutes from being released to go home. I got a text from Papa that he had something for me to do when I get home so I was more then ready to go home.

Today literally felt like any other day I've had for the last 18 years. Went to school. Talk to my teachers. Act like I care about my class mates summer and vacations. The only exception that made my day different was one thing. And one thing only.

Giovanni actually talked to me. Like with real words and formed sentences. But it's not that big of a deal. I don't really care. I could've gone years without him talking to me.

"Bitch shut the fuck up. You know you happy as hell that he talked to you."

Thank you my lovely conscience for that unnecessary and not remotely true insight.

"Oh your welcome bitch. But damn he's lowkey fine. And that voice. Whoo. He just sounds fine. That Italian and Latino-"

I'ight. That's enough out of you. Or me, I think.

But back to the matter at hand. I was looking towards the white board, reading the French words the teacher wrote down. You're probably thinking why the hell am I in a French class when I practically breathe and live the language. Let's just say, easy fucking A. Yet, I wasn't really paying attention. I was going through the day I had in my head. I could see why I made him nervous now that he explained it. Sorta explained it, if I'm being honest with myself. My confidence does shine through, and sometimes, a lil too much. But I didn't get the whole "you're pretty" part.

I mean in a sense I get it but I still don't at the same time. The boy looked like God took forty days and forty nights off just to create him and I made him nervous? Still, he wasn't just talking about my face and body like most boys but my real beauty. If that made him nervous, mind you for four years now, what made him want to talk to me now. He didn't even really know me, know me. How could he think my mind and soul are pretty. And the toughest part is I couldn't escape him. He was basically in all my classes except my 3rd and now, 6th period. I even have lunch with him.

"Why you saying it like you don't like it?"

In the classes where we didn't have assigned seats he would sit right next to me. And I didn't really mind. It did keep the other kids from sitting next to me. And word to my mother, I accidentally touched his hand when I went to turn into the classroom and I looked back towards him ands his body went all stiff.

Don't know what that was about so I just shrugged it off.

I turn my head slightly to the right and still see Lexi staring daggers into my head. She been looking at me like that for half the class now. I don't know why she has such a problem with me. She was okay until last year and she turned into a total bitch. I used to think it's because I got cheer captain over her or because I've might have said something that offend her but I'm starting to think it's something else. I lightly wave at her and she just rolls her eyes then looks away.