14 // Burning Pile

Edit; chapter 15 was unpublished because I forgot where I was going and wrote nothing useful to the plot, so, I apologize for that

Mother Mother anyone?

HIDEOUT - 2:15 AM

The league gathered in the main wing, spending several minutes waiting on their final person, forced to sit in a deafening silence. The only noise had to be the loud tension between Tomura and Y/n, they sat across from each other, he had his gaze locked on her, while she struggled to keep her eyes in the same place. Every now or so glancing back at him only to look back at the wall parallel to her.

In the long moments of silence Toga suddenly stood up from her chair and turned to Y/n. "You, Dabi wants you to take care of something for him, in the east wing." She pointed to herself and Toga nodded.
"Well what is it?" Instead of answering Toga grabbed her hand and forced her out the door.

"No questions." Was all she said, evily grinning before she slammed the door. Y/n just barely knew her way around the place alone, she had no idea where the 'east wing' was located. '

It was a lengthy walk, she almost gave up as soon as she started talking to herself, then she recognized one of the doors, or one she could distinguish from the others. This door revealed to lead to one of the rooms she'd spent the night in her first few weeks here. It was one negative, nostalgic memory. Except for the small change of detail; the table with the depressed flowers were on fire. She walked over to them and as soon as she let go of the door it slammed behind her.

There was that familar gust of hot wind behind her again, before she could even think about putting the burning flowers out, she turned around and watched the blue sparks disappear, and Dabi appear. He had tightly gripped by the arm, an unconscious man on the floor.

"You mind babysitting your dad for a while?" He let go of his arm, his body fell to the floor and Y/n stared down at him, unmasked. He rarely--if not never took his mask off. How Dabi managed to get close enough to do that and knock him out was a mystery. She agreed and nodded her head, smirking to reassure him, however she was having opposite feelings.

"Good, he should be sleep for a while, don't leave him alone, he works with the heros now, we can't risk anything..." Y/n sarcastically saluted him.
"Yes sir," she said, taking him into her hands and layed him against the couch, his head fell back onto the leather and Y/n tilted her head. He didn't appear beaten, which is why she was of the littest concerned.

"What'd you to him? Inject him with heroin?" She pulled his katana from his holster and placed it on the couch, she began to check his pockets for any more weapons. As she suspected there were none, her father was confident in his abilities, she wasn't sure what'd he do if he somehow lost his sword.

Y/n looked back at Dabi, "what?" she asked him, he just smiled and put his hands in his pocket. "Nothing." It was something, he just didn't know what it was. It had to be some inexplicable parasite feeding on him, all of his life he spent wondering why he was so blinded by this feeling he could never put into words. Perhaps because he was raised in an unaffectionate household, so saying his feelings was difficult, or perhaps it was just her.

Dabi opened the door and began to walk out before Y/n called for him. "You bring me a bottle of...whatever the fuck? I don't really care." She pulled up and turned around a chair towards her father and sat down. The door closed, assuming that was a no, Y/n sighed and stared down at her father.

"I should kill you right now," she said as the door opened, Dabi came back and with a glass. "Don't do anything to him." with that he left, she heard the door click as he locked it. Y/n sniffed and practically inhaled whatever was in the cup, she made a sour face from the taste and coughed. It was the dryest liquid she had ever had, as if sand filled her lungs. She started coughing and punching her chest didn't help her. It only got worse, eventually she collasped to the floor, still conscious but battling the cough.