17 // Sacrifice

The news was covering the recent mystery, while Tokyo hospital was swamped with patients with continous nose bleeds, this seemed to be the only symptom. Most--if not all, were fine.

One patient, however, wasn't so lucky. He, just like the others, told the exact same story. But it affected him differently. At first he just got the sweats, then internal bleeding, and once he collasped, he cut himself on some glass. More blood than normal spilled out, as if he were a hemophilliac, he bled out on his hospital bed and the doctors couldn't save him. There was only one thing different, he had actually come in contact with him and the other patients common demoninator.

There were several patients, all of different ages, genders and sizes, and this all happened about three hours ago. The same time Y/n had disappeared from the hideout. Of course everyone knew it was her. Her dark figure had appeared in one of the news reports running past them, yet no one seemed to notice. Dabi did however. When he looked at the tv, it was at the same moment as when a door was kicked into his face, and in front of him, Y/n.

Dabi kicked the door off of him in an angry manner. He couldn't think of a time he had a worse headache--he couldn't think at all. He only managed to utter some words. "Wha-what have you done, Y/n?" She stood in front of him, the room around him seemed to spin, making him trip and stumble onto his back. He caressed his forhead, wincing at the small bump he felt starting to form on his forehead. He was unable to make out Y/n's face. Dabi cursed to himself on the floor. She kneeled down beside him, looking concerned for him. Although she talked to him, he could barely understand her.

"Dabi, you okay?" She held his face, his forehead severely reddened and probably burning, she thought. He looked severely dazed, his eyes wondered all around the room, glazed over and shakey. His face scared Y/n, she tapped his face, talked to him, she even went as far as trying to hand feed him, but he was unresponsive. Almost as if he were traumatized, though he was none of the sort. He was deep in thought, about to faint, and in great pain.

"Dabi?" She called again, she looked around, then at him. She could only imagine the chaos that took place while she was gone. He suddenly pulled her down, embracing her as much as his aching arms could. She was shook, he never hugged her--not like this, ever before.

He brushed her braids to the side and whispered into her ear. "I'm gonna kill you." It was nothing but an empty threat to Y/n. He couldn't bring himself to hurt her anymore, he had developed a soft spot for her. He was vulnerable around her, and that made others precieve him as weak.

Y/n never responded, she just smiled and looked down at him, because to her, Dabi treated her differently than they did at U.A, differently than Bakugo. That meant a lot to Y/n, but she couldn't see herself loving Dabi in the way he loved her.

MEETING - 3:15 AM

The league all gathered around in their usual place. The first people there were Dabi and Y/n, shortly after following the rest of the league. Dabi sat down in his chair while Y/n stood behind him like a body guard, crossing her arms and her usual resting bitch face.

The rest of the league entered, the last being shigaraki and while Y/n counted the people, she felt a hand drag across her butt. She bumped into Dabi, whipped her head back and caught a wink from Tomura. She huffed and puffed and looked back at Dabi as if nothing had happened. Then, the meeting officically started.

Shigaraki flipped through dozen of pictures, Dabi was right in front of him, every few seconds he would look up and lock eyes and they would glare at each other for seconds before he spoke. "Y/n and Toga have orders to track down--this girl." He slammed a picture of a blonde on the table, from Y/n's view, very bold, bright green eyes. Y/n looked up to catch Togas glowering yellow eyes and raised an eyebrow of curiosity.