Chapter 4

The next couple of days went by like a blur.

You had too many questions, and not enough answers. The one that pricks at you the most was 'Where are you? And why?'

Everyday the exact same thing happenes. The doors would open every now and then to get you out of your cell and moving. Sometimes it was just for lunch or dinner. The food suprisingly wasn't terrible. You expected it to be actual prison food, but it wasn't.

But today... things went diffrently.

You were taking a nap when all the sudden your door opens without warning. You jolt into a sitting position before you had to cover your ears for a piercing noise.

Sirens.

Alarmed confusion hits you as you stand up and look out your door.

"Holy shit!" You yell out.

Utter. Fucking. Chaos.

Screams went everywhere. Gunshots echo through the small place. And blood splatters near your cell.

You took a couple steps back and hid under your bed.

You saw several feet of fellow D-Class and guards. But... some of them weren't human.

Then... all the screaming stops.

Unimaginable sounds came from then hallway. Then silent padding.

You cover your mouth.

A red... thing walked right past your cell.

What the fuck is that??

You sat there for god knows how long. That was until a terrible stench came into your nose and made you gag.

After waiting, you slowly came out from under the bed and stood up.

You slowly approach the door plugging your nose due to the smell.

"Oh my god." You whisper in disbelief.

Dead bodies were everywhere. Blood was everywhere.

"What the fuck..?" You mutter.

You continue walking down the hall, dodging dead bodies on the ground while blood made splat noises as you were forced to walk on it. Until something on the floor caught your eye.

It was some sort of keycard. You picked it up off the floor and wiped it off on your uniform.

Hm... this may be useful. You pocket it and continue forth.

You left the hallway and into the same way the guards led you.

Several room later, you seem to exit the set of rooms, and entered the real place.

It was dead silent. Not a single noise was going on. Every noise you made sounds like it was 20x louder.

You walk to one of the doors, and open it by pressing a button.

The door slide open after making the entire place echo due to the noise.

You wrap your arms around yourself as you continue.

What's even going on?

You decide to follow the path the guards sent you with when you went to that Plauge Doctor's cell.

And so, you did. You follow the exact path. The only thing that bothers you the entire time was how quiet it was. There wasn't a sign of any human life besides the dead bodies by your cell.

You eventually made it the elevator. You didn't know anywhere else to go but down, so you did.

You walk into the elevator and click the down button. The doors close as the elevator descends.

After waiting the same amount of time you did the other times you went down here, the elevator opens. However this was the only time where no one greets you when the doors opens.

You step out and look down the hall, before walking down it.

You had your hand on the wall as you turn the last corner to be infront of the cell.

No one was here.

Well, that what you first thought.

You walk more into the room and examine the desks. They were filled with papers and computers that were left on. The chairs were scattered in the room. They seemed to leave in a panic.

Your gaze travels as they were led to inside the cell, where you notice a familiar figure.

You blink in reaction as you step closer to the window.

He was there. He wasn't restrained or anything, but he was sitting at the interview table, staring into nothing.

You tap on the glass.

He response was hesitant, but he did look at the window. Both of your eyes met with his.

You two stare at each other before you look over at the door to the cell. Closed.

Well, you're already in prison, right?

You left the window and walk towards one of the desks to see a control panel.

You examine it before flipping on of the switches.

And just like that, the door to the cell opens.

You turn towards the window again. He was looks at the now opened door, before looking at you again.

You slowly walked up to the door and peak your head in the cell. "Hey."

The doctor blinks in response.

"Aren't you coming?" You question as you tilt your head.

"I... suppose so, yes." He says.

The doctor stands up from his chair. You walk back to the room outside of it once you saw him stand up.

You watch him exit his cell and examine the room.

Again, his eyes stare at you in confusion.

You raise an eye brow. "What?"

"Ah." He lowers his gaze. "I was just wondering." He trails off.

"...Wondering what?" You say after a small second.

"Why you would release me from my cell?" He asks.

You blink. "Well... why not?

He took a step forward. "Well, I suppose I have no room to question your choices." He walk past you. "Let us be off then."

He starts walking. You quickly follow him, but reluctantly. "Where are we going?"

The doctor continues to walk, not turning his head. "I assume you want to escape this foundation, yes?"

"Escape? You mean outside here?"

The doctor couldn't help but turn his head. "You do not understand was escape means?"

"Wh- Nonono I do! I was just confused."

By this point the two of you reached the end of the hall. The doctor turns his head back around and enters the elevator. You joined in before he pressed the button to ascend. The elevator door closed.

You whisper something to yourself that the doctor didnt pick up.

"Pardon?"

"Escape would mean..." You say louder. "I get to go home..." You look up at him.

The doctor's response was delayed. "I suppose it does, yes."

"Then I'll do it."

"Pardon?"

"I'll... escape." You smile.

You'll escape.

You'll do it.

End of Chapter 4