Chapter 23

You twitch awake in a cold sweat. It feels like something happened...

You open your eyes, only to instantly be blind by the sun.

You hiss at the sudden light, and shut your eyes again.

With a sigh of relief, you block the sun's beams with your hand and open your eyes again. You look to your right to see 049 leaning up against you, a arm around you, sleeping.

Despite you doing the exact same thing earlier, you couldn't help but be suprised on how relaxed he is. He was the first one to wake up last time, but now it's your turn, you suppose.

But you don't.feel like getting up.

He slowly took a deep breath in, before letting it out.

So relaxed...

One of his hands curls in for a second, slightly tugging on your prision uniform before he opens his eyes.

"Morning, sleepy head." You say with a smile.

He shifts his head slightly to look at you. "How long have you been awake?" He asks in a slightly deeper voice than normal.

"Only a couple minutes."

He hum, before pushing himself to sit up. He stretches out his arms, before letting out a sigh. "I assume we should continue on, yes?" He asks.

"Yeah..."

You slowly stand up, yawning while doing so.

"I have a strong feeling that we'll find something today, I'm sure of it!" He says in high spirits.

"I hope so..."

"Come along, let us continue."

He starts walking forward, and you soon follow.

----------------------------------------

After a long time, you both found a place on interest.

A river.

"Water..."

You never thought about it until now.

"Wait just a moment, dear. That water may not be safe. However, I can see if it is or not."

He unzips his satchel and pulled out a device.

That shouldn't have fit in there. What.

You look really confused as he walks down to the river.

He sits there for a little bit, seeming to test the water, before standing up and looking over to you. "It's safe to drink, if you're thirsty." He exclaims over to you.

You walk down, and neared the water. You reach your hands in, feeling the cool water against your dirty hands, then arms.

You grab a handful of water, and brought it up to your mouth, before drinking it, instantly being happy it was so refreshing.

After drinking, you sigh with content. But as 049 started to continue on, you grab another handful and splash it on your face and hair.

You rub it in for a second before standing up and following 049, who was watching you do that.

He stands there staring at you for a second, before turning back around and continuing on. "With a river of fresh water, we could assume there's civilization somewhere..." He says. "I suggest that we walk parallel with the water. Maybe we could find a village perhaps."

"That makes sense." You agree.

He nods without turning around. 

----------------------------

Not long after that stop, 049's prediction turned out to be correct.

Both of you stop.

Just beyond the forest line was a village.

Your eyes widen. "We found something!" You say.

He sigh. "I suppose we have. Let's go see if they're friendly."

"Okay." You hum.

You both walk through the forest line.

The closer and closer you got to the town, the more and more worry pricked at you.

What if they aren't friendly? What if they see your outfit and recognize it?

However, once you got close enough, you saw people walking around, and before you knew it, one of them spots you. They talk to another person as that person also looks in your direction, before nodding and running up to you two.

"Please, come with us!" They say quickly.

A female, dressed in not modern clothing. Her clothes seemed to be made out of cloth.

You and 049 look between each other. "Why?" You say.

"Just... please! I can explain in a minute!"

"Uhm... okay."

She nods and starts walking. You walked forward, looking behind you to see 049 hesitantly following you.

She lead you both into one of the buildings. She hurries you two inside and shut the door, then sighed with relief. "What's going on?" You ask, still worried.

She slowly turns around. "You're from the SCP foundation... right?"

Your heart drops.

End of Chapter 23