Chapter 18

"Y/n!"

Your eyes open to a very familiar looking hospital room.

"Huh?"

Your neck was suddenly warm as someone hugged it. It was your nephew?

You sister follows them. "Oh my God, you're okay! I was so worried!" She says in relief.

"What happened?" You ask.

"Well..." She takes a breath in. "From what I heard... you... and our parents... fought."

What?

"And y-you... grabbed a knife and..."

Your eyes widen.

"But I dont believe any of that! I know you, sis! You wouldn't do that, right?"

"N-no! I wouldn't! Are they okay??"

"Yeah, they're okay... but I'm.. afraid on what they're gonna do with you... They think you did it, so when you're released from the hospital... they'll send you to prison!"

"B-but I didn't! Why do the--"

--------------------------

Your eyes open.

It took you a second to realize you were awake, but you were.

You took a moment to remember what happened.

...

Oh. 

And you're alive??

Then you notice something strange. You are hugging something, or rather someone, and they had a arm gently around you too.

049.

A wave of heat rises to your face from embarrasment as you try to get off him and sit up right. However, a shot of pain went right up your shoulder, causing you to almost cry out.

Despite trying to be quiet, the doctor awakes anyway, noticing you trying to sit up. "You're awake!" He exclaims.

You try again to sit up, but fail.

"Are you feeling alright?" He asks, looking down at you.

"M-my shoulder is really sore... but other than that..." You respond quietly.

"Then are you able to continue?" He asks.

"I... don't know."

049 repositions himself and helps you sit up. You wince when you feel your shoulder move a little bit.

"I could assist you in walking, if you wish." He says once you sit up.

You notice how he completly avoids talking about you sleeping on him.

You didn't know how to respond either.

"I... I guess." You mutter after a second.

"It should only be sore for a while. By the time we escape, it should be fully healed." He comments.

"...What? How does a bullet wound heal that fast?" You ask.

He chuckles. "A doctor has his ways." He says.

"...Uhh... okay."

"Alright. Let us try to get you to stand."

He slowly puts an arm under your uninjured arm, and slowly stands you up, with no extra pain coming from moving your shoulder wrong.