Chapter 6

The walls of the hallways secrete with an eerie feeling as you and the doctor continue down the empty hallways, only occasionally finding a point of interest.

And you aren't gonna lie, whatever he said back there about his self-proclaimed cure?

It fucking terrified you.

You haven't witnessed it, but how does he just... instantly kill people? Well you at least assume they're dead.

But that doesn't answer your question.

And he does that... cutting people open thing with such percision... 

How much practice does he have with that?

How many people has he KILLED for that? And what makes you any diffrent? 

You then remember back to the first time you entered his cell. He said you didn't have the disease... Why? And he said the other people outside the cell did... Why?

Why? Why? Why? That's the only damn word that's being repeated through your head. 

Why are you here? Why did they take you in? Why are you the only one without the--

You bump into the doctor without noticing. Apperently he stopped walking. You quickly took a step back. "S-sorry."

He held up a hand with one finger on it, shushing you without turning around.

Confusion stuck you as you looked past him.

Several panicked screams could be heard ahead. There must be something.

"I... think we should go another way." You mention, pointing the other way.

You start to turn around, but stopped when he didn't do the same.

"Doc'?" You call out.

He suddenly starts walking forward.

You jump after him, barely catching hjn before he enters the room.. "What the hell are you doing?!" You grasp his shoulders, stopping him from moving.

You didn't notice it until now, but the doctor was making several mutters. About how he is the cure and they shouldn't resist.

You start to pull him the other way, and that's when he start to pull back. "Release me! They shouldn't suffer!" He yells.

"No! We'll get killed if we go there!" You exclaim.

You were just able to overpower him in dragging him along.

Eventually his attempts to escape were getting weaker and weaker and his mutters became less.

You felt it was right to let him go. "You really..." You barely say, breathing heavily. "...would sacrifice yourself just to cure people?"

The doctor readjusts his posture, standing up straight. "Well, I wouldn't say sacrifice is the right word." He says.

"...Then what is?" You respond.

"Hmm." He thought for a moment. "I suppose I wouldn't say sacrifice because I have many more patients to attend to then that."

"You seemed pretty eager to go out there and get yourself killed though." You mumble, looking away.

"Ah. About such things," He paused.

You look at him again, tilting your head slightly.

"I'm afraid I cannot... control myself whenever I see an infected patient. Weither or not it is safe, I have little choice other than to cure them." He admits.

Oh.

Now a small feeling of guilt hits your stomach. You're blaming him for something he can't manipulate himself.

"It's... whatever. I guess I could help you out whenever you have one of those... frenzies, huh?" You smile, trying to lighten the mood.

"I suppose so, yes!" Success.

"Cool. Now go on, lead the way." You motion with you hands for him to continue.

"Of course." He gives a small nod

He starts walking towards the next room, you following behind him.

End of Chapter 6