Chapter 14 [Regression.]

As I watched sun shut down I couldn't help but feel my heart heart. 'I don't want to be without him... I have to fix him as soon as I can.' I pumped my fist in the air as I walked behind Freddy. I was determined to fix him in anyway possible. As we made our way to the parts and repair, I noticed the others acting strange. I looked to Freddy, who was chatting with Gregory. He was the same. I hurriedly caught up to Freddy, nervous of the others. 'This doesn't FEEL right.' 

We made it to the repair station area, where Sun was strapped into the chair and hooked up to the wires. Freddy shuddered. 

"Are you sure he'll be ok?" I questioned Freddy.

"if you try your hardest, We can get rid of the problem." Freddy cheered me on. 

"I'm glad you believe in me." I gave a nervous smile, looking at sun.

As he and Gregory exited the tube and watched from a safe distance. I started the work, checking for wires first, then moving on to the computer. I looked at the code and my brain whirred. I'd took a programming class but it wasn't nearly as complicated as this was. I took strands of code at a time and sifted through them, eradicating and fixing any errors or malicious lines.

 It took about 3 hours alone to get through half of the code. I sweat and wiped my forehead. It was hot in here. I looked at Freddy who was giving me a thumbs up and pointed to a sleeping Gregory. I looked back at the code, the malicious lines were spreading, fast. I hurriedly typed on the computer, but something shut my access. I backed up and banged on the glass to be let out. 'Freddy will know what's happening!' Freddy tried to open the tube, the door wouldn't budge and the computer shocked his circuits. He was powered down now. I turned back around and looked at the code. I sat down and hurriedly got rid of as much as I could, typing so fast my fingers were sore. It was no use, I couldn't find the main line of code that was spreading the data. I heard a clicking noise, then a whirr. More noises from behind me, and a whirr of the fan coming closer.

"Sun?" I turned around, my eyes widening.

"M-moon?" I looked up at him, my voice shrinking with every letter.

He was staring back at me viciously, his eyes a deep hue of violet. I heard growling and noticed he was barely restrained. The cords were on their last limb, the only thing left restraining him was a weak iron cable. I backed up and looked at the still short circuited Freddy. Gregory was asleep. I pressed up against the walls as much as possible. The lines of code multiplying and laughing at me with its growing size. Moon grew angrier, yanking at the iron cables trying to get to me. I scooted past him and went back to destroying the code, as much as possible. My fingers had sores on them as I frantically typed on the keyboard. The shivers of anxiety controlling my body. Tears formed in my eyes. 'Moon wouldn't do this, He changed. He can't do this!' I thought to myself as my breath became short and frantic with my movements.

I heard a snap behind me and felt a cold hand on the back of my neck, slamming my head into the desk and pressing it down. I yelped out in pain and tears started to flow.

"M-MOON! STOP!" I screamed trying to move my head.

He only pressed harder, my neck began to hurt. It felt like it was about to snap. I used my legs and slammed the chair into his legs, distracting him enough to let me go. I ran to the other side of this tiny cage. I looked up at him as he peered at me. 'He's going to kill me.' The tears cloud my vision as I take a nearby screwdriver and hold it in front of me. He grabbed my arm and snapped my wrist, I screamed in pain as he kept a hold of it. It sent jolts of pain throughout my body as I began to kick and scream even louder. He held me up, dangling by my arm. I kicked his chest to no avail, it grabbed my neck with his other hand and pressed me against the glass. Then switched to his other hand, having both on it. I quickly felt myself slipping into unconsciousness as my neck was on the verge of breaking. 

"M-Moon..?" I muttered, gasping for air.

He stopped for a moment. His eyes flickering on and off. Sun was trying to shut him down from the inside. My eyes went black, as I couldn't keep them open. 

"S..un?" I'd completely blacked out.

When I woke up, I saw a deactivated Sun. Gregory holding a crowbar, and Freddy erasing lines of malicious code. Gregory hugged me, accidentally hurting my wrist in the process. I hissed in pain as I fixed the wrist into a normal position. Freddy strapped sun back in, then rushed me to the first aid center next to the room. He tried to do as much as he could for the wound, but couldn't do much without going to a hospital. He sighed, knowing for the next 2 days we'll be locked in here unable to go to one. I got up and went back with Freddy to the repair area. I'd be doing his repair with one hand now. 

I went back in the tube, the door broken open, unable to shut. I test Suns sensors and do a regular maintenance repair. I loomed over the Computer, hesitant to touch the code. I had to install a firewall or something to block the malware from coming back. I cracked my knuckles on my left hand and started typing, slowly getting into a fast pace. Coding in a pretty simple firewall. 

Sun began to twitch while being shut down, his sensors reacting negatively to the firewall. I couldn't leave it out, so he would have to remain like that. I got up, and grabbed some small tools, to fix the damaged hands. (Presumably from having to rescue me from them.) I opened the case and leaned in close, peering at the damaged wires and circuit boards. I repaired the wires and replaced the circuit boards. The hands would be weaker now, but they would work nonetheless. 

Freddy watched as I finished the repairs in silence, turning Sun on by himself. Sun twitched as his fans whirred, then shut off. He wasn't turning on. Freddy turned to me concerned. My heart stopped. I didn't fix him, I made him worse. I broke him, what if he never wakes up? How could I mess up like this? My heart was racing as I began to panic again. I can't loose him. Freddy tried again, and the same repeated. Over, and over, and over, and over again. I panicked, crouching over holding my head. 'Stay calm, Stay calm. You can fix him. You can fix him.' I bite my nails on my working hand, and stood up. I immediately went back inside and started working on him again, disregarding the safety system in place. I took off his chest plate, I looked at his switch between night and day, and I looked at his central systems. Everything was perfect. So was it the coding? I couldn't go through it all so fast. I had to though, I can't lose him. 

It had been hours, I skimmed only a a quarter of the code. I had paid attention to every single letter, every input, but so far I was finding nothing. It was like the code was teasing me. 

More hours passed as I sifted through code, my head hurt and my eyes were straining. Freddy had to pull me away from the computer and make me rest while he sifted through in my stead. Gregory was still asleep. I sat against the wall, in pain, stressed, and lonely. I'd been so used to being alone before, but now... Now it hurt more than ever. I felt my body getting heavy as it forced itself to relax, my head nodded off. In that moment in all my stress, I'd fallen asleep. Awaiting my awakening so I could get HIM back.

(A/N: ok so I'm back!! I really hate how this chapter turned out but, since I promised a chapter and a post a while ago I thought that yeah I should crank a chapter out for my wonderful commenters. -YES I've been reading your comments and they make me so happy that I just had to continue this story. Without you all I probably would have had an indefinite hiatus and ditched this story completely, I even had plans to rewrite it completely differently!- So, thank you. YES this story will get more updates and continue. They will just be painfully slow ;) Hope you bare with me! If you have any questions, just Comment. I've been thinking of doing a Q&A.)