30

When Wen Chao returned home he swung the car door open and headed for the front door. Before he could dramatically kick the door open Wen Zhuliu opened. Wen Chao let out a loud 'tsk' when he saw him. He put on a disappointed look on his face since he couldn't swing it open himself. Zhuliu slightly lowered his head as he made his way into the house. Wen Chao walked past his father who was sitting in the living room. But before he could reach the stairs his father called out for him. "Chao-er, come back." Wen let out a big sigh as he rolled his eyes and turned around to his father. "Have you forgotten your manners?", his father looked at him with a blank expression. But to Chao that face meant something he didn't like.

"I haven't forgotten I'm just not feeling well." Wen Ruohan looked at his son with the same blank expression. After a few minutes of silent Ruohan pointed at an empty seat next to him, "Sit down." And Chao did as he was told. At that moment Wen Zhuliu walked into the room, holding a tray with snack and tea. He carefully placed it on the table and walked away, but Ruohan ordered him to stay by his side. Wen Chao's eyes glanced over to Zhuliu as he took his place next to his father. Ruohan leaned forward to get his cup of tea, he took a little sip and placed it back down. "Wen Chao", he said with a monotone voice. Chao's eyes moved to his father, "Yes father?"

"I heard you caused trouble at The Cloud Recesses." Chao sighed, "Yes but!-" Before he could defend himself his father cut him off. The only thing he could do was curse the person who told on him. "I wasn't going to scold you." Chao widened his eyes. "Don't look so surprised, I just wanted to tell you that you still have to be careful. Lan Wangji still has the possibility to bring something back from the grave to ruin your chances in this world." Chao scoffed, "What happened wasn't even my fault." His father patted his shoulder, "You know how a pristine family can change the story to better themselves." Chao lowered his head, "I curse the Lan's, they always try to get back at us." Ruohan nodded in agreement, "Now enjoy your tea." Chao leaned forward to get his cup and while he took a sip Zhuliu asked Wen Ruohan if he had something for him to do.

Ruohan slowly nodded. Chao side eyes him and his father to see their expressions. Ruohan let out a deep breath, "I want you two to work together." Chao removed the cup from his lips and asked why with a snarky tone. Ruohan looked at his son, "No need to react like that, he's still a servant. But you two will be working together to find a mole." Zhuliu turned his head to Ruohan, "There is a mole?" "I have reasons to believe there is, but I need you two to find that out for me." He turned his head towards his son, "Can you do that for me?" Chao nodded, "Yes of course why wouldn't I be able to do that. I'll find that bastard and make him pay!"

Lan Wangji frowned his eyebrows as he saw a stranger standing next to his car. His brother tried to make conversation with this stranger but Wangji was having none of it.

"Hello, can we help you?"

The stranger turned his head as he stepped out from the shadows. "Hello, Lan X- Lan- Sir." He bowed his head since he didn't know how to address them. When Wangji could get a bigger view of his face he finally knew who it was. Xichen smiled, "Hello, is there something you need. Did you maybe forget something in the bar?" Wangji unlocked the car as he made his way to the door. The guy had a panicked look in his face and tried to step in front of Wangji, "Wait- I have to tell you something!" He opened the door, "I don't need to hear anything from you." He got inside and started the engine. Xichen quickly opened the door on the passenger side, "Wangji what's wrong?" The guy duck down to look through the window, "Please listen to me." Wangji ignored them both, he wanted to drive off. But he couldn't leave his brother behind.

Xichen looked at the man that seemed to be the same age as his younger brother. He walked towards him and handed him his business card. "Call me if it's really important." He hesitantly took the card and looked down at his feet as Xichen got into the car. They zoomed off and he was left alone. He slowly turned around and walked to the bus station to go back home.

When he came in through the backdoor his sister bonked him on the head. "A-Ning! Where have you been?" Wen Ning held his head, "I was just outside." Wen Qing sighed, "Did you at least get the ingredients I asked you for?" He nodded and took a little pack full on different ingredients out of his jacket. She took it from him, "Thank you. Now go clean yourself, you need to help me." He nodded and made his way to the shower. He passed a few people but he didn't look to see who they were. But then someone suddenly took a hold of his arm. He jerked his head up to see who it was and it was the young master.

"Where did you come from?", he asked while gripped tighter on Wen Ning's arm. He widened his eyes and looked at him his eyes darted over to Zhuliu who was standing behind the young master. Chao pulled onto Wen Ning's arm, "I'm asking you something!" Wen Ning flinched and looked at the ground, "Sorry. I just went out to buy things for my sister." Wen Chao wanted to grab his face to make him look at him, but at that moment Wen Qing came. "A-Ning, I told you to shower!" Her little brother looked at her with his big eyes who were screaming for her to help. Wen Qing turned her head towards Chao, "Young master, I know that my little brother arrived very late. But I want you to know that it's my fault, he had to run some late errands to get an ingredients for your father medicine." He let go of her little brother, "Make sure there won't be a second time!" Wen Qing bowed her head, "Of course young master." After a bit of staring he walked away and Wen Zhuliu followed him.

Wen Qing pushed her little brother to go clean up and she went back to her work.