34

Jiang Fengmian returned to The Lotus Pier after the meeting. As he was walking towards the lift people greeted him left and right.

He left the CEO position a while ago, but people still seemed to respect him even those from the new generations who shouldn't even know him. Jiang Cheng always kept telling him that he had more impact than he thought, but he didn't think so. He was just a simple business man.

He gave a polite nod to the sectary who was seated outside of his old office and knocked on the door. "Who is it?" Jiang Cheng answered. His father opened the door with a smile. A-Cheng got up, "Dad, I didn't know you were coming." He closed the door "I thought I would surprise you and I have something to tell you anyways." Jiang Cheng poured in a cup of tea, "You can sit down." His father let out a loving chuckle and sat down.

Jiang Fengmian looked at his son. For some reason he felt bad for him. As the son of the family his wife forced him to be a leader.

A-Cheng placed the cup down in front of him and sat down on a different chair. "What did you have to tell me?" Jiang Fengmian's moved his eyes away from his son and it seemed like he was thinking about what to say. "I think...that the Wen family might try to do something...against...us." His son immediately frowned his eyebrows as he heard the name 'Wen' and he quickly replied back, "What do they want from us now?" His father shook his head indicating he had no idea. "How do you know this?" Fengmian looked at his son, "We got invited for a meeting. He was talking about there being a mole. I personally think you should talk to either Lan Xichen or Nie Mingjue to discuss this between the three of you." He nodded and as he was thinking about his options the phone rang.

Lan Qiren finally arrived at the bar. His nephew Lan Xichen happily greeted him with a bright smile. But his younger brother just shared a short look with his uncle before he went back to work.

"Mingjue said you went to a meeting?", Lan Xichen asked him. Lan Qiren nodded "I guess nothing is a secret between you two." Xichen let out a laugh, "We're not best friends for nothing." His uncle raised his eyebrows in a teasing way. "But tell me what happened after he left?", Xichen asked after he was done laughing. He let a breath of air out, "Nothing much just that it seemed like Wen is digging a deeper grave for himself. Fengmian and I can't take him seriously." He rubbed his forehead. Xichen tilted his head "Do you need some water uncle?" He shook his head "I'll just be in my office for a bit, let me know when it gets busy." Xichen nodded and watched his uncle walk away. After that he turned towards his younger brother who wasn't looking at him. They always shared what they discussed with their uncle, but this time Wangji didn't want to talk to Xichen. He has been like that since the morning they even came in sperate cars.

When they were prepping to open the bar Wangji did everything he had to do and Xichen didn't even have to remind him. He wasn't sure if he felt proud of that or worried since he's not relying on him anymore. I guess it was bound to happen Wangji is old enough. But even if he kept repeating that to himself the feeling of hurt didn't disappear.

When Nie Mingjue arrived at his family's company his younger brother was waiting for him in his office. When Nie Huaisang saw his older brother, he jumped up from the chair he was sitting on, "Gege, why did you leave so early?" Mingjue walked towards him and ruffled his hair, "I had something to take care off." Huaisang leaned his head away and fixed his hair as he said, "Whenever you say that I get scared!" His older brother had a faint smile on his face. "You didn't do anything weird right!?", Huaisang asked and you could clearly hear how worried he sounded. Mingjue shook his head and walked towards the phone. Huaisang walked with him, "Who are you calling?" His older brother was typing in a number as he said, "Your friend."

"Helloo~", Wei Wuxian greeted Lan Xichen at the entrance. Xichen softly smiled at him, "It's been a long time, hasn't it Wei?" Wei Wuxian let out a little laugh, "Yeah it has, I was just busy with work and everything." Xichen tilted his head, "You're not pushing yourself, are you?" Wei shook his head. Lan looked relieved, "Well good thing you came here to relax, follow me." He led him through the room and sat him down at the bar. But before he sat down Wei turned his head to face him, "I also came for another reason." Xichen put his hands together, "And that is?" Wei looked a little uncertain, he quickly looked around the place before he made eye contact with him. "Lan- Your brother called me and he seemed to be crying. I didn't know what to do so I hung up, but I felt really bad after and I wanted to apologize." The usual smile Xichen had on his face faded away after he heard that his little brother crying. "D- do you know where he is?", after seeing a none smiling Lan Xichen Wei suddenly felt more nervous. After a few seconds that felt like multiple hours Lan Wangji walked out the kitchen door multiple bags of ice. "Wei Ying?" Wei turned around and smiled as he saw him. "Wangji you can go on a break". Lan Wangji lightly frowned his eyes, just enough for his brother to notice. Xichen stepped behind the bar and took the bags of ice from him. "You can go on a break; your friend wants to talk to you." Wangji looked at Wei and she nervously smiled at him. He put his hands up and shook them, "No need, enjoy your break. I'll come back another time." He swiftly turned around and walked out of the building.