38

Wen Ning was happily munching on his food as he suddenly heard someone talk to him. He lifted his head up to see who it was.

"Hey, can I sit here?" Wei Wuxian smiled with his eyes when Wen looked up at him.

WHY DOES HE WANT TO SIT HERE?!?, Wen Ning thought as he swallowed down his food and softly replied, "Sure".

Wei put his lunch tray down onto the table and turn around to call over his brother and Nie Huaisang. "Guys we can sit here!" Wen turned his head to see their expressions. Nie was smiling awkwardly and Jiang looked like he was ready to smack Wei in the face with his lunch tray.

Wei sat down next to Wen and the other two sat across from them. Wen lowered his gaze as he continued eating in silence. But Wei Wuxian had other plans.

"So, Wen Ning, right? How did you do on the test from last week?" Wen Ning looked at him with his mouthful.

"Let him eat, please." Jiang Cheng said while feeling embarrassed.

Wen quickly chewed his food. This was one of the first times anyone wanted to talk to him and it was about something else other than his family. "I got a 59 on it. My sister wasn't very happy." He said shyly.

Wei let out a laugh. "My sister was mad at me as well. I didn't even show up so now I have detention with our class rep, mister Lan~." A little smile formed on Wen's face.

"Don't act all proud", Jiang Cheng barked. "Sometimes it looks like you're getting detention on purpose."

"He lacks attention at-" before Nie to finish his sentence Jiang punched his arm.

Wei shrugged, "I forgot to study so why bother showing up?" He looked at Wen once again, "And at least you passed. Just study a little harder on the next test."

Wen nodded happily.

After that my empty table became filled with you three and sometimes even other friends of yours. I thought my trust in people wouldn't be able to come back so fast. But have no idea why I felt so comfortable around you, like you were my own brother. And before I knew it, I would come up to you all by myself.

Wen Ning saw Wei standing in the hall as he had his chin planted on his sister's shoulder listening to a conversation between her and her friend. Without realizing it he made his way over to them and called out Wei Wuxian name. The three of them turned their head to look at him.

A sudden nervous feeling came over Wen Ning and he bowed his head. Wei brightly smiled as he put an arm around him. "Shi-jie! This is Wen Ning." Wen only raised his head high enough so that he could look at Jiang Yanli. And he immediately looked away after seeing her soft expression.

"Wen Qing's little brother, right?" She looked at Wei as she asked that question. Wei nodded proudly, "One day he will be as smart as his sister. I just know it."

Wen let out a worrying oo sound as he lowered his head even more. Somehow Wei got offended by that. "What do you mean 'oo'?" he placed his hand on his chin and lifted his face up, "Show your handsome face to my sister. At least your better than that stupid peacock."

Yanli slightly turned her head in a disciplinary meaner, "A-Ying" Wei let out a giggle after his sister said his name.

While she was staring her brother down someone else caught her attention. Wei noticed it and turned his head to look at who or what she was staring at. And the 'who' was directly coming at him. With his tall legs, Wei put on a big grin as that thought of him being 70% legs and 30% upper body popped into his head.

Lan Wangji stopped right in front of Wei Wuxian. "Don't forget that you have detention today...again."

Wei put a hand on his cheek, "Ah! Wangji, you don't have to remind me that you'll be seeing me. Alone!" Lan frowned his eyebrows. Wei put on a little smile, "I won't be late boss."

After he was satisfied with that answer he slightly bowed to Jiang Yanli and her friend since they were older than him and left without greeting either Wei or Wen. Wei followed Lan with his eyes as he walked away.

Sometimes I kept thinking about what Jiang Cheng said.

'Sometimes it looks like you're getting detention on purpose.'

At first, I thought that you just found him an interesting character like me and that that was the reason you wanted to befriend either of us. But the more I saw your two interact I knew that at some point something changed in your relationship and I conformed that at one point.

The day before Wen Ning accidently took Wei's books home after a study session. So, he thought of a way to return them. He would come to school right after it opened and he would place his books on his desk. That way Wei Wuxian wouldn't get into trouble for not having them.

He ran through the hall to Wei's classroom, but when he saw something, he felt like he shouldn't have seen, he hide behind a wall.

Wei Wuxian was sitting on a desk and Lan Wangji was standing in between his legs.

"You should be proud of me Lan Zhan! I haven't been to detention in the last 3 weeks." He pushed his three fingers into Lan's face. Wangji quickly kissed his hand. Wei let out a gasp as he pulled his hand against his chest and covered it with his other hand. "How dare you use that attack!"

"Just miss you." Lan said while he smiled with his eyes. Wei flipped his hair as he proudly announced that everyone would miss a perfect person like him. But while he was laughing like the gremlin, Lan said: "Wanyin wouldn't."

"He loves me, he just doesn't know." Wei pouted his lips and Wangji took that opportunity to lean in and kiss him. Wei looked at him with big eyes.

As fast as his bunny expression came on, he quickly turned into a snake. He grabbed Lan's necktie and pulled him down before sliding his tongue into his mouth. Wangji placed a hand on the back of Wei's head while the other one seemed to be tracing his body. He gently slid it down his chest, but before he reached his crotch Wei stopped kissing him.

"Remember we're at school." Lan frowned; his expression made Wei laugh. "I told you that I didn't wanna do it at weird places." He said as he was fixing his tie. Lan sighed, "Nobody is here"

"Doesn't matter, I see school as a weird place." He patted his chest to let him know he was done with his tie. Lan stepped away from the table and Wei got off the table. "Is your brother gonna be home early?" Wangji shook his head. "And your uncle?" Wangji shook his head again. "So, we're going to your house after school?"

After Wen Ning's mind knew where this conversation was leading to, he felt like he should leave. He quickly, but silently, made his was to his own classroom while his cheeks were completely flushed.

I really didn't mind your relationship with him. It was just weird to hear you talk to him like that. Nobody else seemed to have any clue about your relationship so I didn't say anything. Not even to you or Lan Wangji. But one day the master of my house came into my room and started to ask me about you and...Lan.