44

While Wen Qing was still waiting for her little brother to come home Wen Chao suddenly called her. Before she could say her hello's, he commanded her to come to The Nightless City. And she flat out refused, "I'm still waiting for A-Ning to come." Wen Chao let out a "tsk" before he commanded her, again. But Wen Qing still refused, until she heard Wen Zhuliu in the background speak to her. "Wen Qing we need you here." She rubbed her forehead and finally gave in, "Fine, I'm coming but if it's something useless-" Wen Chao cut her off, "It's not, trust me."

Wen Qing arrived at the club and was brought to a room by Wen Chao's men. She entered the room and froze. Wen Ning turned his head to see who entered and immediately yelled out for Wen Qing as he realised it was his sister. "No yelling Wen Ning," Wen Chao said coldly. Wen Qing walked towards her little brother but got stopped by Wen Zhuliu, he had placed his arm in front of her. She looked up at him and slapped his hand away. "Wen Chao explain!" Wen Chao leaned back into his chair, "What is there to explain. Your little brother did something wrong so I'm punishing him." Wen Ning broke out in tears, "A-Jie I didn't do anything wrong! -" Wen Chao's eye visibly twitched as he tried to stop himself from throwing something at Wen Ning. Wen Qing calmly removed her gaze from Wen Zhuliu and asked, "Then what did he do wrong?" Wen Chao let out a scoff, "You don't even know what your little brother has been doing? Are you even a good sister Wen Qing?" She completely ignored his statement and calmly repeated her question. Wen Chao titled his head, "What do you think happened?"

Wei Wuxian had forgotten for how long he had been crying. The only thing he could focus on was the pounding feeling in his heart. Every now and then Lan Wangji would shift Wei Wuxian position. With every change Wei Wuxian could feel his body heat grow closer and closer until he was basically laying on top of him. But it didn't feel awkward, it felt familiar to him, it felt comfortable. He lifted his head to look at Lan Wangji. As they stared at each other for a bit Lan Wangji wiped away Wei Wuxian's tears. "Feeling better?" He asked as he moved his thumb to the corner of his mouth. Wei Wuxian gave him a little nod. He pushed himself away from Lan Wangji to get up, but Lan Wangji quickly put his arm around his waist. He let out a little noise, "Ah, I'm not allowed to get up?" Lan Wangji shook his head. Wei Wuxian let out a sigh, at first, he didn't feel awkward laying on top of him but after looking him in the eyes he just felt too nervous to continue. Lan Wangji raked his fingers through Wei Wuxians black hair. He looked down at Lan Wangji's chest and slowly looked back up at him.

"I'd like to talk, if you don't mind," Lan Wangji said as he watched him be all nervous. Wei Wuxian blushed and put his cheek against Lan Wangji's chest as to not show him his expression, "About what?" He answered trying to ignore his feelings. "Whatever you want." Wei Wuxian frowned his eyebrows, tf he means whatever you want? Didn't you want to talk? After he planned to just stay silent, he found out he did want to say something.

"Why did you act like we were strangers? It may have seemed as something harmless to you, but looking back at it I feel..." He didn't know how to say it, ever wish you could just make up a word and make the other party understand? "I didn't know what to say." Lan Wangji honestly answered. Wei Wuxian sat himself up and looked at Lan Wangji with an angry expression, "You didn't know what to say!? I know your back with words but come on." But when he looked at his golden eyes fill with tears, he felt horrible for screaming at him.

"Did you eat well, Wei Ying? You didn't have any nightmares today, right? Madam Yu didn't blame you for something that wasn't your fault, mh? I missed you-" Wei Wuxian held Lan Wangji but the collar of his shirt and pulled him in for a kiss.