Chapter 9 - Little Things

THIRD PERSON'S POV

Thanks to the bulletproof vest Nayeon begged her to wear, it saved her life in the end.

"Hey! Nayeon! You forgetful dumb!"  Irene said while she taps the vest she's wearing.

"Hey!!"  Nayeon screamed before pulling her to a hug. " you made me worried." Nayeon added.

"Y'all both crazy. " Taeyung sighed and held his left chest.

Flashback

"Irene, before you go can you wear this for me? I just want to make sure you'll come back ali-" Irene cut her off. " You're being dramatic, it's archery match not a gun war." She rolled her eyes on her. " Irene please just do it. If something happens to you, I'll never forgive myself." Nayeon was softly sobbing. " Gosh I hate you." Irene said while Nayeon is putting the vest on her.

"Nayeon do I really have to wea-"
"You can't remove that on your own. " Nayeon waved her the key. She locked the vest on her. "Nayeon!" She whined. "I'll remove it when the match is done." She was facing her back on Irene as she continued to wave the key. She's on the way back to where Rosé and Jennie is.

"That silly girl is that how she say 'good luck' ?" Irene muttered although she felt Nayeon's true intentions."

End of Flashback

Thanks to the president a lot of lives were saved. She called private medics inside the school."I'm surprised the president bothered to lift a finger for us." Rosé mumbled as she savors the lasagna. "Woah! who in the canteen made this food? I'd like to take whoever it is home." Jennie was just judging her silently. "Rosé  how come you still have energy to pay attention to the canteen's food? Someone could have done it again." Jennie said while being busy on her phone at the same time. "Look who's talking?? Aren't you in the canteen right now too? And the president is back, no one would dare to." Rosé fought back. " Whatever just don't blame me when something happens to you. " Jennie glared back." Why would I blame you?.... No way! Don't tell you're planning to do something to me?! Didn't you just said that so that I won't blame you if something happens to me?! " Rosé pushed away her food. " You know what you're so dramatic. Just shut up. "Jennie was suddenly nervous everyone is looking at them now except Irene who seems to be deeply thinking about something."What does it mean then? No way! Are you warning me because you're worried for me?" Rosé pushed Kai and took the seat beside Jennie. She suddenly hugged her making her cough a little. " Rosé be careful! Don't kill my girlfriend. " Kai protested. Rosé didn't bother and continued to squeeze Jennie.

"Irene is something wrong? " Junmyeon was curious about her silence. She shrugged. "I was just thinking about something."

"Would  you mind sharing it to us? Maybe we could help. " Irene just forced a smile saying it's nothing." You sure?" Junmyeon was about to reach her hand but Taeyung slammed the table making him retreat his hand.

"Hell man! What's wrong with you?" Junmyeon was pissed. " I think h-he saw a m- m- mosquito.! " Nayeon was trying to cover him up to ease the tension between the two guys. Junmyeon went back to his seat. "This is fun. " Rosé was giggling to Jennie."Piss  off." Jennie was pushing her away although she finds this amusing too.

"The president is really something why would she come back for us right? " Nayeon tried to shift the topic.

"That's  because she's being cautious, she'll be in big trouble if other people finds out how this school works." Irene said in amusement. Nayeon heaved a sigh. Irene payed attention to her point. The president is really something. "Good point." Junmyeon pointed at Irene. Nayeon was suddenly nervous again when she saw Taeyung making a fist. " Oh no. " She told to herself.