Chapter 10 - Opposite Reaction

Taeyung felt confused when Irene told him she will be waiting for him outside. Being fast like he never imagined he could be, he finished taking a shower in just merely 2 minutes. He quickly dressed up and shoved himself outside. Making her wait for him doesn't sit right with him.

I wonder where we will go.

On his way out of the gate he bumped into Jungkook. He was running like a kid. "Aww" He groaned while holding the part of his shoulder that got hurt. " Taeyung Hyung!" He flashed his signature smile. He didn't replied back and passed by him. Jungkook is used to him ignoring him.  "Hyung  good luck!" Jungkook shouted making Taeyung confused. What's with his 'good luck' thing?

Did he took a bath with perfume as his water? Jungkook thought to himself.

When he arrived outside the gate his mood switched. Well,  he was pleased for a while before he saw that it's not only her waiting for him.

"You're here.!"  Irene greeted motioning him to come closer. Irene was scanning him and he didn't brought a lot with him either just some arrows and a bow. " Woah! The prince is here!" Suho said obviously picking on him. They all turned their attention to Taeyung who just arrived. It turns out they'll be going somewhere from what it seems. Outside the gate there was a van with Jennie, Nayeon, Junmyeon, Mingyu, Rosé and to his surprise even Jimin was there.

"Don't tell me you didn't know?" Irene noticed he looks confused. By how he looks now, he clearly doesn't have any idea what's going on. " We'll be going on a hunting mission together with them. This was announced on the bulletin board just last night." She explained. "Yeah  I know. " He lied. How would he know, he clearly doesn't have any idea. Looking back he remembered why suddenly Jungkook said good luck to him. This was why.

Suho wrapped his arms around him as he sniffs him with a mocking face.
"What  the?! Did you have shower with perfume?" He flashed his mischievous smile. Taeyung pushed his hand away. " No way! Did you think you'll be having a date with Irene?!"  Suho's eyes widened in realization. Taeyung felt dumbfounded. It was clearly what he's thinking, how come he figured it out that quick. The girls were looking at him now, he can't hear what Jennie is saying but she's whispering something to Rosé while giggling together.

Taeyung clenched his first. He felt his body burning up. Out of all things he hates people making fun of him. He looked to Irene who was just standing there with no particular expression on her face. It somehow made Taeyung sad and disappointed at the same time. " Suho drop it, get the car started. "Irene instructed. He made a salute and went to start the car.

Each of them was seated next to their designated partners. Jennie next to Nayeon which she seems not so happy about it, Rosé next to her cold hearted cousin and Irene next to the man who has mood swings all the time. In front was Mingyu and Suho. Taeyung kept silent through out the ride. Little did he knew Irene was dying from how tough his perfume is.  As he was clenching his fist, he felt a head on his shoulder that made his anger pop like a balloon vanishing on the air. He looked around him and the others are already asleep too. It's only him who managed to stay awake and Suho who's now driving. " Can you turn off the music?" Taeyung poked his back from behind although he doesn't want to but he needs to. " Sorry but nuh uh, I may fall asleep too if I do that." Suho scanned the car by the mirror and saw all of them sleeping especially Irene who looks like a baby sleeping."Ok, fine" He rolled his eyes. He understands why Taeyung said that. so, although he didn't want to, he turned off the music for her.

Taeyung was suddenly like a brick seated without any movement. He leaned back while straightening his back not wanting to touch her or make her uncomfortable. Her head resting on her shoulder is something he never expected to happened which is why he doesn't know what to do. His heart was beating thrice faster. Hours passed and he stayed there not knowing what to do or if he's allowed to move. He's afraid making a move would wake her up.