Chapter 11 - True Colors?

"Have you seen Taeyung? " Nayeon asked to Irene after she noticed everyone was there except him. " Hmm?" She raised her brow in wonder. They're now seated in circle eating all together for morning breakfast. Since they didn't make it to their destination then this means they'll be losing points.  "Yeah, right after last night he disappeared. " Suho said before stuffing his mouth with food.

" What do you mean after last night?" Irene was being her usual self keeping her cool. " Well, last night there's some shadow we saw outside the tent and he came out to check but... he never came back. " Jimin explained. Suho was glaring at him which made Jimin confused it made him stop eating. " Man, don't interrupt people talking. " He whispered. "What  the?" Jimin hissed.
" What do you mean shadow?? Was it a ghost? Was he taken by it? " Rosé freaked thinking about it.

" You mean the ghost is Irene? " Jennie joined not looking at any of them. She's just busy eating her own food. "Is this the bird Mingyu caught last night? Who cooked the meat? It's not even chewy. It's tasteless. " She whined. Nayeon lowered her head in embarrassment. She was the one who woke up early to cook. " What?! Is that why she has a really milky skin?? "  Rosé almost choked on her food.

" Rosé." Jimin's smiled dropped looking at her cousin. Mingyu who's minding his business failed to stop himself from giggling. "What?! I'm serious she has a really black silky hair too." Rosé protested and went closer scanning Irene who didn't mind. Jimin gave up and continued eating instead.

"What made you say that Jennie? " Nayeon didn't find her statement funny. " She stepped out too right? Maybe she did something to him." Jennie's eyes was focused on Irene. Later on the girls realized that it's true she stepped out, even Nayeon felt herself questioning her. Now, they're all flashing their eyes to Irene. "What?" She said while scooping the papaya fruit she saw before they arrived.

" That's right, I saw him  last night. " She paused thinking it's all done. " So, what happened next? " Rosé was so focused on what she's going to say. " I was doing exercise because I can't sleep so I did a jog around and tried to tire my self.  " Irene didn't feel like it was a big deal. " And? " Rosé was coming closer to her. " Well, there he is so drop the interrogation thing. " She looked at Taeyung approaching them. He took the seat next to Mingyu and started eating without saying a word.

None of them had the courage to question him so they continued to eat peacefully.

They still have 6 days remaining to fullfil they're task. That is to live in the forest for a week without any food with them.  Basically all the food they'll be eating should only be from  the forest.  This is great challenge for Irene because she doesn't just eat anyone's food.

They're now done eating the girls left and the boys are still seating all together.
"Why did you never came back after last night? " Mingyu questioned. " None of your business. " He said coldly. " He sounded like someone who got rejected." Jimin speculated. " What! " Taeyung was firing up deep inside. " You heard me. Want me to say it again? " Jimin teased laughing on his own. " Well, I've been through it too. " It made Taeyung's mood change. He felt sadness in Jimin's tone although he appears to be laughing on the outside." No one asked. " He replied in monotone.

"Did  you confessed to her?" Suho was suddenly serious. " What would I confess?" He raised a brow. "You  know what I mean." Suho turned dead serious. Jimin and Mingyu looked at each other not liking this kind of atmosphere. " I don't know what you're implying." Taeyung was still confused. " Stop acting dumb. You're not her type." Suho smirked and turned his back on him. " I'm sure the same goes to you. " He fought back making Suho stop walking and frozed where he is. " Is that so? Coming from the great bully of Shilhan Academy? You think she'll choose you over me? The Prince of Archery? " Suho's frown turned to a smirk making Taeyung feel bad for himself.  What Suho said was true, He has always been great with weapons and a great archer. He's even labelled as the prince of archery at school meanwhile, Taeyung is no other than a ' Rich bully of the School '.