Chapter Nine

Have you seen BOSS UNDERCOVER? It's LIVE on Amazon. Also, if you haven't followed me on Instagram and my Facebook page, GO! GO! You don't want to miss the updates! It will be nice to see you there! Instagram: J.S.Badham Twitter: J.S.Badham1 Facebook Page: J.S.Badham

*THIS CHAPTER HAS BEEN EDITED AND ALTERED*

She was not imagining surely? There was some apparent tension between the pair of them. What else could explain the herd of butterflies fluttering about in her stomach? Or the fact he seemed a tad bit possessive and not familiar with personal space? Whatever it was, Harper was reluctant to look further into it anymore. There was no way she was getting entangled in anything remotely unprofessional. Not when she had put so much effort and hard work to get into this establishment. If anything, she was probably overlooking. Nothing was going on. Just work banter if anything.

The afternoon was going slow. It was difficult knowing just floors down below her, everyone else had at least room to confer with other colleagues rather than sit alone in what felt like an empty space of office clutter. How could anyone prefer to work alone? It's not like Harper couldn't work independently but she much prefer to have the chance to chat a little here and there. If she was to truly to mad, the plant pot adjacent to her seemed a possible candidate.

"Miss Daniels, I need you in my office."

Harper flinched at the sound of his voice echoing from the intercom. With a short reply, she got up, flattening her black pencil skirt down with the palms of her hands as she stood up. Whatever could she needed be for now, she wondered, heading down the corridor towards the intimidating doors that led into his lair.

James was sat on the edge of his desk flipping through what looked like a manual. His shirt's white sleeves were rolled up to his elbows elevating his toned arms, without a doubt pointing to his weekly dedication to the gym or whatnot. A thought slipped into her mind as she dangerously ran her eyes to his crotch noticing the material gathering in the centre underlining something most apparent. Stop right now, her scolded at herself as she cleared her throat to alert him to her attention.

"How can I help?" she said, bringing a moment of déjà vu when she was a teenager working in retail.

"I need you to have a look at this. Harris Weston sent it over. I just want a second opinion on these figures seeming as you have expertise with that," he asked, looking up and holding the hefty manual out for Harper to take.

Harper headed over to receive the manual, surprised by its weight as she flipped through, regarding all the figures throughout that related to the investment into marketing, operational and sales. Her focus to concentrate was difficult as she could could feel his eyes upon her. Trying her best to do quick maths in her head, Harper began to explain her opinion on the matter, "Yes, I mean. From year one to year three, the jump from £320,000 to £620,000 doesn't seem tangible," she explained.

"I see," she heard him respond.

As she got deeper into her explanation, she became startled as he stood up and cut the distance between them, closely observing from behind her, his shoulder barely a finger away from hers. He didn't stop there. He seemed to be getting closer. Harper could feel his right thigh gently resting against her left ass cheek, as if daring the boundary on how close he could get. His face was just above her left shoulder looking down at the figures but showing no sign of interest to her apparent fluster. Harper chose to step forward, swallowing hard as she carried on her explanation, slowly turning to face him before passing him the manual over.

His expression seemed to tilt with interest then. "Ah, I see. That does make sense. I'll need you to send an email back to Harris Weston. Tell him what you've just told me."

"Sure." Harper nodded. "I'll get it sent now."

"Ah, hang on a second," he interjected gently.

Harper paused awaiting his next set of instructions but was high on alert as he approached her. His right hand came out heading towards her face. She bit down on her lip defensively, anticipating what he was going to do. A glint of mischief bounced onto his lips as he brushed a strand of hair that had fallen loose from her ponytail, to behind her ear.

"You do that a lot," he muttered.

"W-what?" she stuttered, unsure whether to bolt for the door or heed to the electricity running through her veins right this second. Every inch of her wanted to jump him. The tension felt unbearable or whatever it was. This feeling had felt like nothing she'd ever experienced before. She was afraid to admit it, but it was close to sexual.

"You bite your lip when you're anxious," he said, smirking as he then began to trace his thumb across her jawline, towards her bottom lip. The gentle slide of this thumb felt like a kiss, dangerously escalating her heart rate and sending her emotions in overdrive.

"I-I-" she failed to find the words. What could she say? This was so unprofessional. What was even happening?

Harper was unable to move, react or speak. His eyes did all the talking.

"It...drives me crazy," he uttered, "you might want to outgrow from the habit otherwise...I probably won't be able to help myself," he added, licking his bottom lip as he retracted his hand away and composed himself. "Better get back to work, Miss Daniels." Smiling as he headed back over to his desk and sat on the edge.

Harper's must have gaped open and close like a fish out of water. What on earth had happened there. And what did he mean by couldn't help himself? Surely, she was imagining this?

Without a word, she quickly scattered out of his office, unable to think straight. This. What was even going on?

Later that night, sleep was far from her clutch. She lay restless staring ahead at her ceiling. The thought of him was stuck to her thoughts. She could picture him here. That rather mischievous glint. His fingers tracing across her jaw and his eyes feeding off every inch of her. Her body succumbing to him. Their lips crashing together. His fingers dangerously crawling up against her thigh, teasing further as they slither into her knickers and meet her wet pussy lips. No regrets. Just utter bliss.

"I want you," he'd heavily breathe.

Not even a second later, their bodies would be combined in one hot, sweaty mess. And she would feel every inch of him fill her. Alive.

Harper blinked. What on earth was going on?

She got up and headed to the bathroom, splashing cold water against her face before taking a glance at herself in the mirror. She almost jumped out of her skin at the sight of him standing behind her, a smirk framing his face.

"I always get what I want," he spoke.

Harper blinked only to find the figure to disappear. Fuck. What the hell is going on? 

Thank you for reading. If you enjoyed, please VOTE, COMMENT and SHARE.