Chapter Eighteen

Harper bit her lip, she couldn't believe what just happened. She cringed just thinking how his hands roamed upon her, even the mere thought of how his lips were against hers. Harper ran her hand through her thick hair knowing it must be sight. What did this mean? What was tomorrow gonna be like? Harper gasped, her breath shaking just the thought of him. Exiting the lifts she pushed through the crowds, feeling completely dizzy as she searched for her car in the car park.

James was well chuffed, undoing his tie he smirked as he glanced at the tear through his shirt where moments ago, the temptress she was, had pulled him in. Gosh, how addictive she was, he couldn't get enough of her. Walking across to his window in his office, he glanced down, barely making out the brown haired girl crossing the street, the sight of her making him unsteady. He was supposed to keep his head down low not get any press onto him, but how could he if the woman he wanted so badly affected him so much, perhaps he would just have to tred much more carefully now. He was looking forward to tomorrow, he couldn't wait to have her in his grasp again, he couldn't stand that he let her walk right into the lift but he didn't want to ruin anything between them at the moment which was strange for his behaviour, James never when he was with a woman think of the consquences or even think that they could regret having sex later. James raked his hand through his now bed headed hair as he sat down exhaling before a smirk planted on his lips. Oh how he couldn't wait for tomorrow.

Harper turned off the igntion, she only realised that Duke was still at their apartment when she got back, all that aderlaine she had from her session with her boss dispersed from her thoughts as she thought back to what Duke had attempted to nearly do. She wasn't ready to face him, grabbing her back from off the passenger seat, she inhaled and exhaled knowing she couldn't make Dani suspicious of what he attempted to do, she had to talk to him first, understand why. Harper pushed her hair to her back as she locked the car, slowly she walked across the pavement wanting it to just last a little longer but soon was facing the door inside to the stairs of their floor.

She gulped as she turned the door knob grateful when it was only Dani on the couch watching tv. Dani smiled getting up as she trailed over to Harper pulling her in for a hug. "Hey, so you decided to come back." She said before scolding. "Let me just tell you I am super annoyed that it was your boss who told me where you were going. You left me with grumpy in the kicthen to get back home." She grumbled. Harper felt her heart beat accelerating quickly. "He's here?" Harper mumbled looking past her shoulder. Dani frowned still smiling. "Who? Duke? Course he is. I had to patch him up all on my own last night, jeez he had a busted nose, all on my own I had to!" She exaggerated throwing her hands in the air. "While you were in the care of your boss." She smirked. Harper could feel her hands trembling as she watched Duke enter the living room. Harper froze looking into the troubled eyes as he sat down on the sofa. Dani waved her hand in Harper's face as she tried to catch her attention. "Hellooo? Harper! What happened then?" Dani persisted, waving her hand frantically. Harper gulped snapping out before smiling at Dani nervously. "He just helped me, I was in a right state, excuse me, I'm...gonna take a shower." She said before walking out, she could feel Duke's heavy stare upon as she moved across the room.

Harper entered the bathroom sinking to the ground as she gasped, tears falling from her cheek, she just couldn't stand to be near him knowing what he tried to do. She thought she could have been strong but it was proving diffcult knowing the real reason why James took her back and how he literally rescued her from what bad could have happened. Harper sniffled, wiping the tears away from her cheek as she stood up and began washing her face with cold water. She couldn't let Dani know, he was still their friend and it wouldn't be fair she thought. Harper opened the door but instantly began to shut it as Duke approached the door.