Chapter 41- James' Plan

"I have to say James, I had no belief in you that you would actually have kept off the press. I am truly astonished that you've kept it up. Few weeks left then we can finally get to that deal." Jackal on the other line said.

"Yes, it's not hard at all." James answered as he got up pacing the office. Jackal laughed on the other line. "I'm just very surprised, well in a few weeks then."

"Until then." James said before ending the phone call. Well the deal was on track, James had managed to keep off the press.

Last night he found very comfort in just chilling out, usually with the opposite sex it meant the bed covers were unmade, sweaty naked bodies, however instead he had just spent a night with Harper watching a movie which in all fairness he was the only one who ended finishing watching it. What was happening to him? James smirked to himself as he glanced it at his screen saver upon his phone before Harper herself entered.

"I'm not interrupting anything?" She muttered, her cheeks flushed. James shook his head smiling. "Not at all. What can I do for you Miss Daniels?" As he approached her, reaching for her hand as he entwined his fingers through hers.

"T-the...reports w-were sent through." She stuttered, the feeling of just him holding her hand made her feel tipsy. James cocked his brows as he took the paper from her other free hand, Harper watched as he glanced over it before throwing it onto the coffee table centred near the cream couches. "Doing anything this weekend?" He smiled. Harper bit her lip. "Yes."

James frowned. "And what will that be? It's not with that guy?"

"Who? Elliot?" She asked. James nodded. "Yes, you're not secretly leading me on are you?" He joked as he squeezed her hand. Harper rolled her eyes playfully. "Of course." James stopped his playful glance as his brows frowned further.

"I'm joking!" Harper blurted.

"Better be. I don't think I am capable of sharing." He said, in all seriousness. Harper shook her head smiling before she answered back. "No, actually Dani are having a weekend to show....Duke around." Her words became much quite near the end. James shook his head. "Harper, I thought you got that sorted, haven't you told her yet?"

Harper sighed. "I can't...besides he goes home in a couple days' time. Back to the states."

"I don't care where he goes as long as it is far as away from you as possible." James spat. Harper shook her head slightly smiling at what sounded like James actually being protective. "I'll be fine. Anyway you see me enough."

James cocked his eyebrow. "Anyone would think you hate my company." Harper giggled to herself. "Of course not...it's...I-I mean, y-you-

-"I know." He muttered before kissing her cheek softly.

~~~

Ethan Donovan sat at his desk flickering through the newspaper as she walked in. The scrutiny was present upon his glaze as his brow scrunched into anger. He threw the newspaper out the way as he leaned back into his chair.

"Well?" He said.

"What?" The voice said cautiously. Ethan sighed. "Nothing? Not at all? And look at you, tempting me with that." He pointed his finger out carelessly towards her. She frowned looking down as she looked away. "I'm trying. But it's rather difficult when you're restricted to what you can do. But..."

Ethan leaned forward. "But what?"

Wrapping her coat around her more she muttered. "I think I have something. Instead of using me as bait." Ethan nodded slowly, his lips curling in a grin. "Well you better start explaining, baby girl."

~~~

Harper was jotting down a few notes taking it off the database when James marched back into what she considered her office area. He smiled placing both hands firmly on the table locking eyes with her. "I'm coming with you."

Harper's nose scrunched as her brows lifted. "What you talking about?" James wetted his bottom lip shaking his head. "You know what I'm talking about." Harper placed her pen down. "I seriously don't."

James sighed. "This weekend. I'll come with you." Harper nearly choked on the air. "What! James, you can't be serious? You can't just go as yourself, I mean...I had bad mouthed you to Dani." She muttered more in a whisper at the last part. "And you punched Duke and...and...you just can't. You're a billionaire, you're stick out like a sore thumb!"

James had been thinking of this within his meeting an hour ago distracted by the fact she would be near him. So instead of listening to the man pitching him the reports of his department, James planned on what he was going to do. So in all seriousness he concluded. "I am going. And I have a plan for that...dilemma." Harper just froze, her brows still lifted as she took in what he said. "So...you want to come with me? I don't even know where we're going and what do you mean you have a plan? You can't just put on a wig, alter how you speak and aspect no one to notice you."

James just grinned.

"No, no, no. You are not dressing up!" Harper argued, instantly realising he had this all planned out.

James shrugged his shoulders. "I can do anything I want. And baby you better believe it. Besides a little change in my appearance and no one will know and then I can keep an eye on you. Just say I'm some friend at work...or boy..." He coughed before finishing. "-friend."

Harper blinked several times as she just stared at him eyes wide open. "James, you're not serious are you?" James nodded. "Yes. Now, I'm coming whether you like it or not." Before he marched off into his office, at this point the telephone began ringing and she grumbled to herself as she picked it up. "Mr Brewer's PA speaking. How may I help you?" The person on the other line began speaking, however her mind was too distant to be listening as she took in the fact of what just happened.

By the late afternoon, Harper was just about packed up to go home when the telephone began ringing on her desk again. Rushing over as she dropped her bag she answered the phone in her usual polite manner.

"Hello... Harper." The voice said, almost chiming the words. "Remember me? Our last phone call?"

"Who is this?" Harper croaked. The voice on the other line almost cackled. "Oh, it doesn't matter about that. Just let Mr Brewer know that he can't keep hiding away from me, I had hoped to run into him but...well he's been rather busy, hasn't he?" Then they added. "I better be going. But I'll be visiting rather soon. Ta-Ta." Then the line went dead. Harper shivered as she placed the phone back down, the voice sounded so familiar like she had met them in person. What was it all about? However instead of bringing this up as a concern to James she picked up her bag ready to go again. As the lift doors opened, James was already in there.

"Miss Daniels. Going already?" He grinned. Harper stepped in shaking her head. "I still don't believe you about this weekend." James kissed his teeth. "Ah, but you will. Now how about I give those lips some affection?" His brows lifted up. Just before she could protest, the lift doors closed and James had her pushed up against the side in an embrace as he claimed his lips against hers. Soon all she could think was his lips against hers that could never get old.

Thanks for reading. I do apologise if this chapter was a little boring but occasionally you gotta have chapters like this so it will work up to the plot. So James' plan? I'm gonna have fun writing that chapter and I have a great place where they'll be all going. And what was that confrontation with Ethan? If you enjoyed this chapter please VOTE, COMMENT and SHARE.

As ever I thank you because without all your support, this book wouldn't be what is it without you guys. You all give me inspiration to write.

VAMPIREFANGSRULES xxx