1. LIFE IS A MOVIE

It was raining heavily that night.

Amidst all the darkness in the woods surrounded by long trees and the waves of oceans splashing to the shore a light could be seen. Followed by a car's honk.

"Where are we going Dad?" An eight-year-old girl asked in excitement.

"To your beloved Aunt's Jennieya" Her father answered and Jennie squealed in excitement.

The father and daughter continued to have endless conversations while continuing the ride but her mother sitting in the corner of the car quietly just watched her daughter smiling.

She turned her gaze to see the beautiful view outside. It was dark but still she could see the nature's beauty clearly. Long green trees and the sound of ocean waves splashing at the shore.

Her mother slid the window down to enjoy the fresh and cold gush of air soothing her mind.

Jennie watched her mother and deep inside she felt angry and sad but her father was quick to start another conversation with her diverting her gaze.

Flashback

Jennie didn't like her mother. She didn't spend time playing with her or helping her in studies or even having small mother-daughter conversations.

She still remembers how much her mother loved her when she was around 4 years old. She could feel the care, the love and warmth her mother gave her but with time the feelings started to fade away.

Jennie could feel her mother slowly distancing herself from everyone. Her mother started getting ill as days passed and her condition worsened. She wouldn't talk to her for days; Jennie was naïve but still cared and loved her mother.

She hugged her mother at night and would tell her what happened at school, how was her day and how she made many new friends. But her mother never replied even once to her, she just hummed in response. Jennie felt sad and thought her mother was uninterested in talking to her.

"Mom, I made many new friends today in school. You know Hye Jin unnie even gave me chocolates when she read the poem I wrote" Jennie told her mother in excitement.

"Hmm. That's nice of her, my child" Her mother replied using her 'my child' endearment she often uses for Jennie.

"I know right. Mom, would you like to listen to my poem too?? You know I really like to write so much!! I will become a writer when I grow up"

"Hmmm" Jennie saw her mother and felt sad. Why her mother couldn't have proper conversation with her!? She's trying so hard, but all her efforts are in vain.

"Why don't you drop me to school like all my friend's mothers do mom? All my friends ask me about you and I just couldn't answer them anything" Jennie said in a very low voice.

" " No reply from her mother.

"Why don't you come with father to school like other parents do!? Why don't you have dinner with us like a family!? Why mom!? " Jennie asked as her voice starts cracking. She was on the verge of crying.

" "

"D-don't you ca-care about me? Don't you l-love me now?" Jennie said in between sobs.

"I love you my child" Her mother replied and turned her back on Jennie.

"N-no you don't. If you did you would care for me and ask me hundreds of questions like a caring mother does for her child! You would have dinner with us to-together like a family...Y-You are the worst... I - I hate you mom...I ha-hate you" Jennie said and left the room.

Her father used to console her and tell her to not to care about her mother's attitude. When she asked her father, why her mother was being like this, he finally told that "Your mother has changed Jennieya. She doesn't care for us now. And you are too small to understand this but I can only tell you that she likes someone else and is going to marry another man. Don't worry about all this and just focus on your studies, okay?" Her father told as he wiped some tears from his face.

Jennie just nodded and from that day onwards she started hating her mother and never talked to her.

BOOM

A loud sound was heard making Jennie come out from her thoughts. She saw the car had crashed and was now hanging at the edge of the dead-end of the road. She panicked and started crying.

"D-Dad" Jennie cried and hugged her father tight her small hands griping tightly on his shirt.

Her father tried to get out of the car but the car bent more towards.

There was complete silence, only the waves of the ocean and Jennie's sobs could be heard.

Her mother was just watching the view out of the window, as if she knew this was bound to happen.

Her face couldn't be seen. Jennie's hand tried to shook her mother but stopped midway. She can't. She wasn't able to.

A loud sound was heard again and the car bent downwards. One push and they will fall into the ocean.

Her father managed to open the car's door and was about to move out when a hand reached to stop her. It was Jennie's mother's.

"Move Jennie out first" she said. But her words were of no use as the car started crashing.

Jennie's passenger door swung open and her mother was quick to push her out of the car.

Jennie in spite all the anger and hatred that had accumulated in her mind she couldn't let go of her mother's hand.

"I love you my child" Her mother said before she pushed Jennie out.

Jennie felt a pang in her chest. She wanted to ask her mother hundreds of questions.

Why is she saying all this when she doesn't mean it??

Why did she save her first?? Why?

Why is she playing good now when she didn't for years and when Jennie needed her the most?

She couldn't think straight. My mom just? No. No. For a second, she wanted to forgive her mother and apologize to her but when she saw what her mother did next, her feelings were back to anger and hatred again.

Her father was about to come out too when her mother stopped him " I am not going to die alone" she said and smiled.

"Y-You how dare you" Her father tried to escape but couldn't from the tight grip.

The car crashed; a very loud sound was heard as it fell into the water.

"M-Mom!!"

"Dad !!!!"

"D-Dad!!!"

Jennie kept on crying and calling their names till she can't see the car at all. It was too much for an eight-year-old to understand anything. She also thought of jumping down but she was too afraid.

After some hours police sirens could be heard, they went down to see if there were any survivors but to their dismay, they didn't find any body.

"I am sorry Sir; we couldn't find anyone. Their bodies must have flowed with the water, the ocean is vast and I don't think they can survive." A police officer informed to someone.

Jennie heard it all and couldn't help but cry her eyes out.

14 years have passed but till this date she couldn't erase the memory from her mind.