3. BROKEN HEART

Jennie's POV

Another morning, I wake up 1 hour before the alarm rang. What an achievement! I laughed at my miserable life.

It was still dark in the morning, I was feeling a little suffocated so I decided to take a shower treating my wounds from last night, I decided to go for a walk for some fresh air.

I quietly opened the door but shut it as quietly as I opened it. I saw my so-called father and mother having a conversation. To my surprise, by looking at his face I can assume he was not drunk.

"Yes, she shouted back at me. How dare she!!"

I got to know they were talking about me. I was standing leaning on the backside of door. Listening to their conversation.

"She's a burden to our family honey and the money of her parents we got when we adopted her is also finished!! It's not our responsibility to keep her with us now" Mr. Lee said.

The sentence felt like a dagger stabbed inside my heart.

So, they were just keeping me for the money and for whole 14 damn years I was thankful to them for adopting me. They just used my real parent's money and me. I was disappointed at myself for trusting anyone.

"So, what should we do now? I have lost my job too, why don't we just leave her in any orphanage or something like that?" Mrs. Lee said

"I can't just fucking do that" Father said

There was a little hope that they will not leave me. Still leaning on the door, I slowly sat down hugging my legs.

"Why! Then are you going to take her responsibility!?" Mrs. Lee exclaimed

"I have a better plan. She's beautiful and we can use her body for earning huge loads of money!! Let's sell her off" Father said.

I felt the dagger stabbed in my heart being pulled out with great strength.

Still hugging my legs tears started flowing from my eyes.

Don't you dare forget that I can sell your body for alcohol!!" The words that he said last night were true.

"It hurts. It really does" I whispered to myself.

I was feeling very low I closed my mouth with my hands trying my best not to cry out loud.

.

The conversation between Jennie's father and mother continued. Discussing how easy it will be to sell her off with the gorgeous face of hers and how they can live like a rich celebrity for about a year with the money they will get.

Jennie laid awake still leaning on the door hugging her legs, listening to her so called parents whispered conversation. Tears started flowing from her eyes.