Chap 13

Hold on tight! Some major Secrets coming your Way!

.

.

.

We were standing in the balcony beside each other. I had a cigarette in my hand while she stood silently near me. It was almost midnight now. The sky was clear apart from a few stars. Even they were not twinkling. The moon was missing, making it look dark and shady.

"So, what did you want to tell me?", I asked, taking a puff from the cigarette.

She looked at me and then back into oblivion. She placed her hands on the grill and sighed. "I will tell you who did this to me but...why do you want to know about it? There's nothing you can do about it anyway", she said, shrugging lightly.

"Quit playing and tell me", I said without looking at her. "I don't know why.. but I want to know about it!", I made myself clear.

She breathed heavily and then began..

"I was sitting in my room, doing the assignment that was due the next day

"I was sitting in my room, doing the assignment that was due the next day. Liza and I were partners in that project. She completed her part first as hers contained all the writing and brainy things, while I just needed one day to give the final touches. It was my responsibility to make it look beautiful and presentable", she said while a small smile appeared on her face, thinking about her friend.

I knew because I was watching her from the side of my eye.

"Since childhood, I had a keen interest in arts and designs. I loved doing something aesthetic and beautiful. While Liza did all the brain work. She was intelligent, fuck intelligent and I was a loser when it came to studies. All I wanted to do was draw and paint. I liked it, and I think we should all do whatever we like", she said, looking at me.

For the record, I don't like what I do, so I didn't dare look at her.

"I was just sketching some designs on the borders of the cover page when I heard my door open. I turned around instantly, as I saw the man, whom I've dreaded almost all my life, walk inside", she said, her voice faltering, making her drown in her own thoughts.

Davina's POV

"Hello, my beautiful girl!", he announced as he strode towards me with arms wide open. I stood up from my bed instantly and retreated with nothing but fear in my eyes as he came closer to me. I was so scared of this man that I tried to avoid him at all costs. I even keep my doors locked but God knows how he entered, without so much so as a knock on the door. It was then that my eyes landed on the key held tightly in his hands.

For me, he was a devil in disguise, but for others, he was famously known as 'The Mighty Marco', my so-called father!

Father, my ass!