Chap 28

It's the silence before the Storm..

.

.

.

I'd called Draco a million times since I last found out about his missed calls. I also called the unknown number but it was switched off. I was worried like hell. Davina on the other hand kept uttering soothing words in my ears to calm me down.

Currently, I was pacing around the house for any information. It was then that I remembered that probably the Driver knows about it. He was here so quite possible that Draco must have rang him up. I wasted no time in rushing out of the house towards the outhouse. I knocked on the door several times but nobody answered. I shouted his name and even tried to look inside through the window, but all in vain.

I was about to turn around and leave the premises when I saw something inside the outhouse. I saw something moving. Not being able to see it clearly, I straight away went for the door and with full force, burst it open.

As soon as I walked inside, I was shocked when I looked around the place. The whole outhouse had been turned upside down. It was like a hurricane had invaded the house. I frowned as I kept looking around the house to find the driver. Because if he did this, then surely something is wrong.

Also, how in the world was I never able to hear anything happening beside the house we were staying in?

I sighed.

I looked around the room while trying to find anything of use to me. Finally, when I reached the washroom and tried to open the door, it didn't. It was as if something was not allowing it to open completely. I pushed it once, twice but didn't help.

Notwithstanding the situation, I peeked inside to see what the problem was. And when I did, my eyes bulged out of my sockets. Laying there on the ground was the driver himself who had been beaten to death. His face had several bruises and blood oozed out of his mouth.

I kneeled next to him as I tried to wake him up

"Oii, are you okay? Can you hear me??? What happened here??? Who did this to you?", I slapped his face a few times to wake him up. Suddenly, he coughed hysterically while trying to breathe at the same time. "Easy, easy there. Tell me what happened. Who did this to you?????", I asked frantically.

When the driver tried to shift in his position, I realized that his leg was also twisted which surely meant one thing.

It was completely out of use as it had been twisted mercilessly!

Horror struck me! Something horrific happened here.

"C'mon tell me! Who did this to you? Who came here???", I reiterated my questions with urgency.

"M-M-Marco-", was the last thing he said before finally giving up in my arms.

My heart skipped a beat as soon as I heard his name. If Marco did this to him then it means that he knows where we are. And if I'm not wrong,