Chap 18

Should be laughing but there something wrong... And it hits when the lights go on,

Shit! maybe I miss you..

.

.

.

Walking back through the forest made me rethink my decision. I kept standing there near the deck until Draco's goons forced me to leave. With each step I took, the envelope in my hands felt heavier and heavier. It felt as if it was telling me about the burden of trust she handed me over and how I'd smashed it right in front of her eyes.

It's not like none of us were aware of the deal. We both knew that I kidnapped her for money and she wanted to get away from her father. This arrangement gave both of us whatever we wanted but then why doesn't it feel right?

Why do I feel that this time, just this time, it's not what I should have done? Why the envelope filled with money in my hands feels cursed? What is so different this time?

My brain was so messed up that I threw the stash of money in frustration and dropped to the ground. I was kneeling in front of the invisible force that was not allowing my heart to settle. I held my head in my hands, only to grab a handful of my hair and pull them in agonizing frustration.

"What the fuck is wrong with me??? Why on earth does she matter to me so much? Why can't I just treat her like another one of my cases???", I cried in pain. "Please, please make it stop! Please make this pain go away!!!", I begged to anyone listening to me out there.

Before I could let the threatening tears slip down my face, I heard a blood curdling scream. My head shot in the direction of the scream. I recognized the voice and instantly got to my feet. Grabbing the envelope and stuffing it into my pocket, I sprinted towards the source. I brushed past all the tall trees and wild bushes that threatened to stop me. Tree after tree, stone after stone, I ran like a madman towards the only goal in front of his eyes.

As soon as I reached the yacht, I hopped inside it without even thinking about where my actions could land me. I reached inside and found a room locked. With all the force, I pushed the door, only to find it empty.

As if on cue, I heard another scream. I turned around and ran out of the room towards the lower deck. The moment I stepped down, Draco's men stood right in front of me as they must have heard the chaos I caused upstairs. They sprinted towards me with all kinds of ammunitions in their hands. One of them tried to punch me but I was fast enough to duck it and kick him right in his groin.

Another one came in my direction with a gun in his hand and shot in my direction. The bullet came rushing towards me and brushed past my ear. However, the commotion of that was enough to send me flying onto the wall next to me. My head made direct contact with it, making me go numb for a minute. Just then, his goon caught me by my collar and yanked me up.