Chap 16

How does it feel to ruin the only chance of having someone in your life, just because you're just damn Doomed??

.

.

.

Davina's words caught me off guard. I wasn't expecting her to make a big deal out of it. Didn't she already know that she had to go, one day or another? Wasn't she the one who said any place would be better than her father's place?

Then why the sudden shock?

Later that evening, Davina was sitting in the room with the doors shut. I knew the morning was very devastating for her. Not because of what I said but because of how I reacted.

After all, she put so much efforts to make me happy, and look what I did!

For past three hours, she's been sitting in the room. As far as I remember, she hasn't eaten anything since morning. I saw no used utensils when I came back with the coffee for her.

Oh, that reminds me, the coffee that I bought hasn't been touched yet. Neither she nor did I care to touch it, let alone drink it.

Hell, she didn't even notice that I'd gotten a beverage for her, that too her favorite one.

'Really? You want her to notice what you brought for her after that wild-ass reaction?', my mind yelled.

Before I could contemplate all these things, my phone beeped. I pulled it out of my pocket and sighed as soon as I saw who it was.

'Meet me at the Deck with her'

I shook my head as I rolled my eyes at the message that Draco sent me.

I rubbed the back of my head in irritation only to avert my gaze towards the tightly shut door

Davina hadn't stepped out of it. Nonetheless, I didn't dare to knock either. I know she was angry, pissed and all the more, hurt. I didn't have the courage in me to face her after everything that I'd done to her.

So I let her be because probably, it's the last day she's safe with me.

Shaking all the thoughts out of my head, I stood up from the couch and headed over towards the room. I stood still upon reaching the gate. Curiosity got the best of me and I stuck my ears to the door. My focus was top notch when it came it eavesdropping.

But for a change, I couldn't hear anything.

Scared, I backed away and looked strangely at the door, as if it didn't belong to my room. I hope she's fine. Should I knock? Is she sleeping?

However, I had to talk to her. It's time.

With one last breath, I brought my hand up and knocked twice. "Davina?", I waited for her reply.